Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'05 Silver GTO goes down

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 10:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '05 Silver GTO goes down

Ok, so I go up to work to see my girlfriend when she was getting off to talk to her for a few minutes with a buddy of mine and some friends. We say goodbye and we get in the car to leave, no sooner did an '05 GTO come pass me to get to the light. So I hurry up to get behind him to see if he does anything to show he's interested. Light turns green, I take off easy and I see him getting on it. I catch up and get next to him. My buddy and I stare at him to see if he notices me. He doesnt even look over and slows down so I figure ok, no problem as I was on my way home and only about a minute away. Windows were down, and out of no where he does a flyby. So I catch up again, staring at him and pacing him tapping the gas to go. He keeps looking over at me as Im nodding my head forward to go. I honk 3x, he does nothing so I give up and put it back in 6th to cruise home. When he saw me do that, he takes off again. I goto 3rd, catch up this time with no intentions of letting him go without a run. I look over at him again as he shakes his head in disbelief that I wanna run 'em and he is gonna destroy me. I put my hands together and made a sign to im as if to call him a p*ssy. Finally, I see an opening a little ways ahead and knew he was gonna try and pass me, so I finally caught him when he nailed it, we're dead even for a few seconds then I start to pull and walk on him. There was no way he could pass me in time for the opening up ahead. I turn around to go home but now I needed gas. I goto 7-11, sure enough guess who pulls in. The goat. Im walking out after pre-paying, and the first thing he says to me is, "So how much gas did you use?" I looked at him and said, "About the same as you." I looked and saw he had an automatic, told him I had a 6spd. He says, I didnt want the six speed in these cars, they're garbage. I replied, mine runs great. Then I said nice car and good run and was on my way. He was a middle aged man, kinda cocky. Oh well. Sorry for the novel.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

lol good kill, just goes to show how many ppl just buy fast cars and think they can beat everything on the street, and the T-56 is garbage? uhh actually you shoulda told him its one of the strongest tranny's offered in factory form and one of the best tranny's every built by borg warner, also as far as the 4l60E the T56 is the stronger trans from the factory
Old 07-18-2006, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ya, you really gotta hate that shitty T56 that they put in the GTO's.

Good kill
Old 07-18-2006, 01:46 AM
On The Tree

should've told him that his 4L60E will grenade long before your T-56 does, but it doesn't sound like he was a car guy, so you probably would've just been wasting your time.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

Good kill...
Old 07-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

4L60E is great in a stock car. with added power, T-56 is much stronger. now in the case of parts friendlyness, i think we all know what the better tranny is in that case, the T-56 is a real POS.

good run, gotta keep the goats in check.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:57 PM
Teching In

good kill
Old 07-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Launching!

What a jerk. Probably a former ricer.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Nice kill. I love the 05-06 GTOs though, nice cars.