Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

98 TA vs. 99 GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 TA vs. 99 GT

Well my friend and I got back from the track on wednesday to get a base run on my new TA.
So after that we took out the HPTuner Software and went to town - advanced spark - increased line pressure - got rid of torque retard ect.

So while we were out driving aroun - testing everything out we come across a Blue 99 GT had the 35th anniversary badges. Not sure what mods he had - but he at least had an exhaust of some sort as it sounded pretty good.

It was pretty late but we were around a couple cars so he pulled off in front of them and I caught up he started to pace me. We waited until there was a nice straightaway and then he punched it first. He got about half a car up on me and I hit it and then put about roughly 5 or so cars on him before I shut it down.

I thought maybe he backed off the gas or something. so we come up to a redlight - he's looking right at the light so I figure its on... turns green he spins his tires a bit and I take off - spin the tires a tad (thanks to the HPTuning) and I procede to put about a football field on him.

He just kinda drives by like

and we went on our seperate ways. was my frist real run on the street with this car so it was fun.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:45 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Start saving money for mods, aint many STOCK cars left out there. Nice Kill though. Next time, before you buy ANYTHING, do a search to see what people say about parts, best thing in the world.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah - i'm no car noob. Got a few goodies on the way - just wanted to get a nice base run to see where the car was at stock.