Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

"Raced" a nice Foxbody tonight

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 11:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Raced" a nice Foxbody tonight

So it's the night before the big car show in town, and everyone and their mother is out driving around. I saw a Viper, a first-gen Camaro Pace Car, a very nicely done '32 Ford, a '40-ish Ford, '57 Corvette, so on and so forth. Didn't get to line up with any of them, not that I would have stood a chance.

But I'm on my way home from getting dinner, go into a left turn lane and end up behind this ungodly loud Foxbody. My guess is that it was H/C/Nitrous and all the goodies. And he had either slicks or the baldest drag radials I've ever seen in the back. It knew it would be no contest, but that's fun too, right?

Anywho, arrow turns green and there are a couple cars ahead of us. He takes his time getting into the left lane, and that gives me enough time to get in the right lane and punch it just a little bit and pass him. I let off the gas and he comes up next to me, so I give him a thumbs up for the nice car. He nods, gets a little farther ahead, and makes that thing roar. I wish traffic wouldn't have been so bad so I could have at least made an effort, as bad as it would have been. Oh well, some other time.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, i went back home to va beach this past weekend and i was cruising down a 4 lane highway with my top down when i noticed a notch back that sounded mean as hell, definatly H/C at the least, well he stomps it as i get behind him, so i follow suit, and sure as hell, i walk around him, anyway, gave him the thumbs up. dont ever judge em till ya race cause i thought this guy would kill me!
Old 07-29-2006, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

...waits for stanger to say that H/C fox's are slow as hell.

Dan
Old 07-29-2006, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

any minute now...
Old 07-29-2006, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

but if that fox pulled a 350z from 70-90 then.............................................. ...
Old 07-29-2006, 07:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by hurley_21_07
...waits for stanger to say that H/C fox's are slow as hell.

Dan
rofl

I think he's got it fixed now
Old 07-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Teching In

Why can't I be with when you see all these nice cars bro...so I can laugh at all those stupid ricers better yet you should let me drive yes...