Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I want to slap this guy

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 08:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I want to slap this guy

There's a guy at work that swears up and down that a head cam only lt1 camaro beat the crap out of a 550hp supercharged LS1 Camaro. Not trying to talk **** on LT1s in fact I think LT1s kick *** but, I just don't see this as even a mere possibility. I know the guy with the LT1 his car is not gutted or anything special. This dude showed me a vid of the supposed race. The LT1 took off of the line before the ambers were even down and disqualed himself. The Ls1 camaro had a shitty launch/short time and pulled up to him near the end. It was only an 1/8th mile. Does anyone have a vid of a real supercharged ls verse a head cam lt? Know any storries, slips, anything to prove the other way around?
Old 08-08-2006, 08:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not really, but I would tend to think you are correct. If the LT1 hadn't DQ'd then the LS1 camaro should've got him at the 1/8 mile mark. Any idea about the head/cam combo on the LT1. A lot of H/C cars do in fact beat Supercharged cars in the 1/8 and 1/4 mile. Not sure on this one since we are comparing a h/c LT1 vs SC'd LS1
Old 08-08-2006, 09:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

I will get details tomorrow, or at least try to get details. The guy that was telling me this crap is a dumbass ricer. He once told me that he saw an s2000 with 280 hp run a mid 9 in the quarter so I doubt that even if I can get details they will be fake.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:05 AM
Teching In

n/a would always have better response i think, but a s/c shouldn't be too bad in the response department. he's full of it, and you know it. just forget that guy.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

So if I'm lined up with a twinturbo Camaro and I launch while he's doing his burnout that means I beat him. I think its safe to say your co-worker is a retard!