Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

WRX is embarrased

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 12:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRX is embarrased

I'm in my Dad's C6 going to drop it off and pick mine up (just got all my work done). I go into the empty right lane of a 3 lane street so I can jump out a bit and go left lane to get on the Tollway to avoid the 5 slow cars already there. Didn't pay any attention that I pulled up beside a WRX in the middle lane with apparently the same play in mind.

This car has a fairly aggressive cam and bullets, so it's not quiet and rocks like a baby in a cradle at the light (puts down 450rwhp), plus it has Lingenfelter badges on the fender, but that doesn't deter Mr. 4 ft. wing WRX guy who looks over and gives me a go ahead point.

We both rolled off the light and he punches it, with me following from 2000rpm in 1st. Got to 100mph before I shut down for the next light, redlined 1st and 2nd and short-shifted 3rd at 80, and I had plenty of time and space (4-5 cars) to leisurely flip on the blinker and cross in front of dumbass who was still under full throttle and slammed on the brakes on my right side at the light. Threw him a thumb, no response. I ease onto the Tollway with him behind me now (in 5th at 60mph), and off the little fellow goes 90mph flyby cutting off all the oncoming cars.

No doubt it was stock and the driver was a little dick (in all respects). Not downing the car, just the driver (and maybe that f'ing obnoxious spoiler a little bit...Boeing called, and they need their 747 wings back).
Old 08-17-2006, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

hahaha, thats great i had the same thing happen the other day, some guy was being a dick in his WRX and as i was flying past him i waved bye bye out the window, when he pulled up next to me he looked like he was gonna cry! ahaha
Old 08-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Launching!

No kidding. Its no shame to loose to a faster car like that, but to be surprised or pissed off is pretty weird. Though if he was only 5 or 6 cars back ast 100 on a 450WHP C6, he was probably decently modded. Maybe he was pissed because he thought he was against a Cat-back C6 or something?

Lifes too short to be that insecure. Nice kill. Go find something challenging LOL.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sparetire
No kidding. Its no shame to loose to a faster car like that, but to be surprised or pissed off is pretty weird. Though if he was only 5 or 6 cars back ast 100 on a 450WHP C6, he was probably decently modded. Maybe he was pissed because he thought he was against a Cat-back C6 or something?

Lifes too short to be that insecure. Nice kill. Go find something challenging LOL.
I guess he should have paid more attention. Hell, I wasn't even bothering with him until he gave me the 'ol "let's do it" nod.

He was that far back when I hit a 100 and I shifted 3rd at about 5200rpm . I gave up at about 80 when I shifted...but he was still coming with something to prove (good brakes I guess) .

I don't mind losing to faster cars...don't care what they are, and I'm always ready to talk and give props, but I could tell he was going to be an *** on the entrance ramp, so I just let him swerve across 4 lanes and **** off 3 other drivers. Didn't even give me the finger for my troubles.

Off to more meaningful exploits!
Old 08-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Yeah I would say he was modded. My friends TT C5 beat me by more then 5 cars, he's got 482rwhp and I'm not stock. But then again we ran above 120mph.

Good kill.. Too bad the guy couldn't take his medicine like a man and give a way back.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
Yeah I would say he was modded. My friends TT C5 beat me by more then 5 cars, he's got 482rwhp and I'm not stock. But then again we ran above 120mph.

Good kill.. Too bad the guy couldn't take his medicine like a man and give a way back.
He may have been modded some, which I guess I could understand the attitude a little better, but I wasn't driving too hard either. I've got several friends with the same WRX, but I haven't raced any of them...most of them are stock or minor mods.

If I had kept pulling through 2nd to redline and into 3rd, he would have started to see Star Trek lights. I respect all kinds of cars (except extreme fast and furious versions), just don't get the attitude some people have, especially those that initiate the race then go ******* when they lose. Oh well, bet I get my lane change unchallenged next time!

I knew when he locked down the brakes beside me I was in for a crazy *** flyby on the ramp.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:48 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Boeing comment was rather funny. Nice kill!
Old 08-18-2006, 09:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good kill man u got the traditional ricer fly by man good job.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Launching!

Yeah, I loved the flyby. Didn't care so much he did it to me, but to cut across a 4 lane toll road with people already flying. He cut over the "no cross-over lines" by at least 3 car lengths to do his flyby. I wasn't even out of that zone yet.

Ah well. See you guys on the road and be safe!

Last edited by BigRon77; 08-18-2006 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Banned

Nice kill man! Were you at the RKC meet in Frisco monday night?
Old 08-18-2006, 06:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by I <3 80057
Nice kill man! Were you at the RKC meet in Frisco monday night?
I cruised by on the Harley (slammed Night Train) and talked to a couple Vette buddies, parked over in front of a yellow C5 (2 of them). I hung around the Orange Lingenfelter C6 (403 stroker) and the White C6 with black stripes (Procharged). The GTG is about 2 miles from my house, so I had to check it out.

I'll probably have my black Vette there this Monday (if work cooperates)!

I'm always a little turned off with all the 14 year olds running around...something stupid is bound to happen.

I used to go to this meet (before Addison) and it got ran off from there, then from Addison, just a matter of weeks before it happens again.

Wish there were some really good muscle car meets around...less rice and Toyota Higlanders with 4 12's . Some idiot parked beside us and his stereo kept setting off his own alarm. Ultra-cool.