Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

It Finially Happened my Z06

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default It Finially Happened my Z06

Well tonight I went over to my uncle's buddys house for some Poker, well to my suprise when I pulled in was a brand new silver Z06. Couldnt believe it. Now my dad owns a regular C6 but there is just something about the Z06. Pretty much the only other word that keeps coming to my mind after what happens next is WEIRD. Turns out its my uncles buddy, he sees me pull in and walks out, tosses me the keys and says, its yours for the night. I couldnt believe it. You better believe I took it. Lets just say this guys, we know our cars are sick fast, but there is something that I cant put into words about this car. It is so fast and has so much power that I just couldnt get enough. I mean wicked crazy power. As you have figured out I didnt play cards, I cruised for 4 hours, and didnt have a care in the world. I crusied around town, and the looks that you get and the shouts from people are amazing. And of course the ricer worship. Pulled up next to four ricers screwing off, you bet I pulled up next to them look at them, they reved I said OK and when the light turned green, I couldnt believe how hard and how fast that freakin thing pulled. Next light those guys were givin me the good ole . and they wanted to check it out at the sheetz parking lot. So I let them look. Basically what a machine, what a crazy *** unbelievable car. I am still at awe what a beautiful thing GM produced, and Im sorry but and new mustang cobra couldnt even hold a candle to this car, seen both, been in both, drivin only the z06 but for aint got ****, and neither does any other car maker in my opinion. Yes there is faster, but only a few, but all for all Z06 is my dream come true.

ps I do have a video, but I need to learn how to get it from my camera to the computer, so give me a few days. Its just of me pulling in my parents house and me leaving(kicking it in the ***). I didnt want to run the camera while driving .

Last edited by Smokin02WS6; 08-19-2006 at 12:49 AM.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Smokin02WS6
Yes there is faster, but only a few
not for long

wait for the Z07, LS9, and the "Blue Devil Z06"...which seems like a rip off IMO and if anyone buys it is a complete idiot unless its a very limited production, 100k MSRP for a z06 with a supercharger....600hp no thanks..buy your own S/C for 5k

and i am still waiting for my turn to drive the new Z06 someday, and im waiting for that day the old guy around here leaves the keys in the car
Old 08-19-2006, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bowtie Boy
and i am still waiting for my turn to drive the new Z06 someday, and im waiting for that day the old guy around here leaves the keys in the car
And thats how it kinda happened tonight. Im still shocked I drove it most of the night.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:13 AM
On The Tree

Man I bet that was a rush...

HUGE differance between a mid 13 second F body and a high 11 second Vette...

Thats how ricers in 15 second Hondas feel when they drive a stock fbody for the first time...

thanks for sharing your experience...I origionally had planned on buying one when I read they were gonna be 65 grand...But when the dealership told me 85 out the door all dreams were cancelled...

Too bad none of us regular guys will be able to get a used one for 50 grand for atleaste two more years..But our time will come.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds like an awesome night. I wish I had the opportunity to drive that car. Maybe some day I will. Congrats.

-Brian
Old 08-19-2006, 07:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thats sounds bad *** man. Thats all the ever want is to actually owe one of those cars. I'd take it over anything.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:13 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Very nice. Have you seen the newest Car and Driver? The ZO6 is cheaper, faster and quicker, beats the 911TT and the Ferrari 430 in EVERYTHING...and is picked 3rd! The ZO6 is HALF the price of the other two! Damn I love Chevy, the ZO6 is the best car to date. The new Cobra thing blows to me. Its as fast as a stock 03 Cobra....WHAT.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

We got our first up close look @ a Z06 about a month ago during a car club night. It was beautiful. The guy who had it leases high end sports cars routinely. I don't know the exact details, but, once a lease period for the car ends, he shows up w/ a different new sports car. Previous two years he had a Ferrari. Anyway, it was great to have a close look @ the Z06.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:31 AM
Staging Lane

nothin like a Z06. tons of power and the car is super light.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:06 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bowtie Boy
not for long

wait for the Z07, LS9, and the "Blue Devil Z06"...which seems like a rip off IMO and if anyone buys it is a complete idiot unless its a very limited production, 100k MSRP for a z06 with a supercharger....600hp no thanks..buy your own S/C for 5k

Unless you can afford it and don't care too much about price and get a full factory warranty on a 650 HP car!
Old 08-19-2006, 10:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2.73 Vette

Thats how ricers in 15 second Hondas feel when they drive a stock fbody for the first time...

thanks for sharing your experience...I origionally had planned on buying one when I read they were gonna be 65 grand...But when the dealership told me 85 out the door all dreams were cancelled...

Too bad none of us regular guys will be able to get a used one for 50 grand for atleaste two more years..But our time will come.
Mid 11 sec car stock and low 11 sec with a good driver.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That's why I say- theres nothing quite like being insanely fast, AND stock. Thats a great machine, I want one some day.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:12 AM
In Need of Cup Holders!

So, how many miles did you put on it?
Old 08-19-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LukePhillips
So, how many miles did you put on it?
Thanks for all the good responses. Yeah its everything that I could dream about in a car. I think im going to work even harder at work now, I want one some day. Well lets just say I needed to fill it up once. When I got back I told him how much I drove it, he didnt care! I put probably 250 miles on it.

Originally Posted by 2.73 Vette

Absolutly, it was just like the first time i drove the ws6, pure power, but this time i stepped into the beast. Our time will come, Im learning to have patients for just about everything now, I guess im growing up, plus when you find a nice girl, she makes you grow up too, except for when it comes to cars of course. Wish you could of gotten that Z out the door for 65 grand, that would of been a steal.
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6
sounds like an awesome night. I wish I had the opportunity to drive that car. Maybe some day I will. Congrats.

-Brian
Oh your time will come, you wont even know it but youll drive one. Any LS1/2 enthusiest will get in and drive one.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pipelayaz
Thats sounds bad *** man. Thats all the ever want is to actually owe one of those cars. I'd take it over anything.
I actually said I would never get rid of the WS6....well I think I would, I too would take it over anything, even if its Italian!
Old 08-19-2006, 11:48 AM
12 Second Club

I actually said I would never get rid of the WS6....well I think I would, I too would take it over anything, even if its Italian!
...or even boosted Nippon!!!
Old 08-19-2006, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dailydriver
...or even boosted Nippon!!!
lol
Old 08-19-2006, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow damn.. 250 miles is a NICE taste .

sounds fun as hell. grats.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Kudo's to you man, that is simply awesome. I have gotten to pull a couple into the shop where I work, the local vette club runs a few cars in here every so often for tire upgrades and I can only Imagine what a thrill you had. SICK SICK SICK I am so envious and even more Happy for you. You have accomplished something most of us will only dream of, I sir, on behalf of the poor LSx enthusiasts here... salute you.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well tonight I went over to my uncle's buddys house for some Poker, well to my suprise when I pulled in was a brand new silver Z06. Couldnt believe it. Now my dad owns a regular C6 but there is just something about the Z06. Pretty much the only other word that keeps coming to my mind after what happens next is WEIRD. Turns out its my uncles buddy, he sees me pull in and walks out, tosses me the keys and says, its yours for the night. I couldnt believe it. You better believe I took it. Lets just say this guys, we know our cars are sick fast, but there is something that I cant put into words about this car. It is so fast and has so much power that I just couldnt get enough. I mean wicked crazy power. As you have figured out I didnt play cards, I cruised for 4 hours, and didnt have a care in the world. I crusied around town, and the looks that you get and the shouts from people are amazing. And of course the ricer worship. Pulled up next to four ricers screwing off, you bet I pulled up next to them look at them, they reved I said OK and when the light turned green, I couldnt believe how hard and how fast that freakin thing pulled. Next light those guys were givin me the good ole . and they wanted to check it out at the sheetz parking lot. So I let them look. Basically what a machine, what a crazy *** unbelievable car. I am still at awe what a beautiful thing GM produced, and Im sorry but and new mustang cobra couldnt even hold a candle to this car, seen both, been in both, drivin only the z06 but for aint got ****, and neither does any other car maker in my opinion. Yes there is faster, but only a few, but all for all Z06 is my dream come true.

ps I do have a video, but I need to learn how to get it from my camera to the computer, so give me a few days. Its just of me pulling in my parents house and me leaving(kicking it in the ***). I didnt want to run the camera while driving .
Yeah man I hear ya on how awesome the new Z06's are. A friend of mine just bought one a month ago and he has already put a cam and headers on it. He lemme drive it to see how the cam makes it buck at real low RPM. Then he was like get on it and i was like ehhhh. Then he said dont be scared lol and I was thinking to myself "what if i wreck this car and it costs 10 times as much as mine. Well anyways I got on it and that thing screamed like a raped ape. These cars have awesome pull and they dont waste anytime getting up there.