Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

first kill w/ new trans- 427 mustang!

Old 08-20-2006, 10:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first kill w/ new trans- 427 mustang!

me and this kid have been talking **** to each other for quite a while. he was having issues with getting his car to run right and i had transmission issues. it all boiled down to last night.

i get a call from him (we are cool but still competitive) that he is out and ready to run- but he has STREET TIRES on the car . idiot, so i roll out and see what he has going on. it is a 351 bored/stroked to 427ci, tko trans, 4.11 gear, full suspension etc.. sounded nasty compared to my little 346 through the flowmaster w/ the cutout closed . like a stock ls1 idling next to a cammed big-block with straight exhaust.

i agree that it isn't fair to spray him since he is on street tires, so we go and line up. i get a semi-decent launch and proceed to put like 10 carlengths on him to about 80mph, where he is obviously spinning. he catches up a little bit and i actually stay in it to like 120mph which is way past the 1/4 and he is about 3 carlengths back.

next i try to line up with him again from a dig and i was gonna let him have the break, but he starts rolling into about a 30mph start (fuking bastard). i say screw it and line up with him, then just nail it . no honks or anything- haha. we stay even with him spinning a bit then he pulls away from me hard at about 90mph.

we get back and he is saying "i KNOW you sprayed me". im like whatever man but i didn't. he goes on and on how my car can't be that fast on motor etc... i laughed it off and told him when he gets a tire im going to spray him. then when i left i opened the bottle and purged it JUST to **** with him and keep him guessing- haha.

hopefully he'll put up $$$ because he really thinks i sprayed him the first time so he thinks he is going to kill me when he is on a tire.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
me and this kid have been talking **** to each other for quite a while. he was having issues with getting his car to run right and i had transmission issues. it all boiled down to last night.

i get a call from him (we are cool but still competitive) that he is out and ready to run- but he has STREET TIRES on the car . idiot, so i roll out and see what he has going on. it is a 351 bored/stroked to 427ci, tko trans, 4.11 gear, full suspension etc.. sounded nasty compared to my little 346 through the flowmaster w/ the cutout closed . like a stock ls1 idling next to a cammed big-block with straight exhaust.

i agree that it isn't fair to spray him since he is on street tires, so we go and line up. i get a semi-decent launch and proceed to put like 10 carlengths on him to about 80mph, where he is obviously spinning. he catches up a little bit and i actually stay in it to like 120mph which is way past the 1/4 and he is about 3 carlengths back.

next i try to line up with him again from a dig and i was gonna let him have the break, but he starts rolling into about a 30mph start (fuking bastard). i say screw it and line up with him, then just nail it . no honks or anything- haha. we stay even with him spinning a bit then he pulls away from me hard at about 90mph.

we get back and he is saying "i KNOW you sprayed me". im like whatever man but i didn't. he goes on and on how my car can't be that fast on motor etc... i laughed it off and told him when he gets a tire im going to spray him. then when i left i opened the bottle and purged it JUST to **** with him and keep him guessing- haha.

hopefully he'll put up $$$ because he really thinks i sprayed him the first time so he thinks he is going to kill me when he is on a tire.

If he seriously has a 427, he should of easily been a low 10 second car without nos, sounds like a bad setup or he cant drive. My neighbor has a 427 in his mustang runs 6.23 in the 1/8 all motor. Good race, and your car sounds like it is a beast. I love how LS1's can take out these high powered cars like nothing.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeperstyle

Never tell anybody you have the spray, it always lines them up for an excuse. I remember having it on my former car. Everybody thought I sprayed them when I beat them. You could line up with a Yugo and smoke him N/A and he'd claim you sprayed him.

Anyways, nice kill.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

If he has a 427 and a good tire he should smoke you from a dig, spray or not. Maybe the guy is lying about his mods. He did go from a 10 length beating to within 3 lengths. Thats a pretty serious comeback. Good run.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

Not trying to start anything but I thought taking a 351ci out to a 427ci is pretty much impossible (assuming this is a stock ford block). I'm not real familiar with ford engines but maybe someone screwed this guy and he thinks he has a 427? When in reality he might just have a bored .030 351ci. Anyway, it would explain why you killed him so bad.

Last edited by rednecks70; 08-23-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Teching In

Let him get tires, then you spray, and see what happens. I'd expect him to be quick though.

what year mustang is it?
Old 08-23-2006, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rednecks70
Not trying to start anything but I thought taking a 351ci out to a 427ci is pretty much impossible (assuming this is a stock ford block). I'm not real familiar with ford engines but maybe someone screwed this guy and he thinks he has a 427? When in reality he might just have a bored .030 351ci. Anyway, it would explain why you killed him so bad.
stock 351 windsor can be punched out to 427 ci. althought the better setup would be a DART block with 4.125 bore and less stroke on the rod and crankshaft.

if this mustang person has the stock block he would of made more power by going 408w instead of 427.

CHP makes a 427 kit for the 351 block.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

most AC cobra kit cars (thoes real tiny shelby ones) are 351s that are bored/stroked out to a 427 so it is possible.
nice kill!
Old 08-23-2006, 07:06 PM
10 Second Club

i expect it to be close with me on the bottle and him on a tire. he thinks he is going to be in the 10's n/a but i really don't know. i do however KNOW it doesn't matter how much power he has/had HE WAS RUNNING STREET TIRES when we raced . i dead hook to his spinning through 3 gears.

the thing that sucks is i know if i beat him he is just going to spray it . he already hinted that if it doesn't go well into the 10's it is getting a hit on it. we'll see. can't win em all!

we'll run again soon i guess- i'll post it up. should be fun..

btw it is around 98' year model cobra. he built up the motor himself (and his pops) so i doubt he is lieing about the setup, but maybe it isn't quite as good as a professionally done up one. dunno...
Old 08-23-2006, 07:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like he is running really really shitty *** heads on that car..
Old 08-23-2006, 07:25 PM
10 Second Club

again no clue. he built/tuned it himself so like i said you i don't think you can compare it to a professionally done-up 427. guess we'll see when he runs it at the track/runs me. he JUST got it running a week prior also so maybe it needs more tuning..?

i'll try to get some specs on his setup next time i talk to him.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a guy around town with a 396LT1, but he is running mildly ported stock heads, and some shitty *** crap cam.

The car ran 12.5 on a slick, its like a TPI car with that small cam, and heads that cant flow enough for the motor.he really fucked up the build in that thing with all the wrong parts.

A 396 LT1 MOVES! But the parts he choose, and his ignorance got him a 12.5 for all that money build it right the 1st time.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slick1851
There is a guy around town with a 396LT1, but he is running mildly ported stock heads, and some shitty *** crap cam.

The car ran 12.5 on a slick, its like a TPI car with that small cam, and heads that cant flow enough for the motor.he really fucked up the build in that thing with all the wrong parts.

A 396 LT1 MOVES! But the parts he choose, and his ignorance got him a 12.5 for all that money build it right the 1st time.
I agree with you. that always seems to amaze me how certain people will build some sick combinations and then skimp out on the heads and or camshaft. I have two mustangs and my 347 stroker with 650 lift cam sounds like it runs stronger than that 427.

anyways let us know when you run him on the bottle, my money is on the LS1
Old 08-24-2006, 06:37 PM
10 Second Club

just got off the phone with him. he has victor jr. heads slightly ported, and he wouldn't tell me what cam he has . he just said "it's big- comp" and after breaking his ***** for a little while he said "it's over 500 lift". he kept asking "why you wanna know so bad" and i said "because i wanna know why you got your *** cracked by a little 346 on motor". that got him ALL fired up lmfao.

he went on saying how he pulled me bad from a roll then hung up- HAHA! we'll probably go drinking this weekend and i'll get the cam specs out of him.

Search this Thread