Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C-4 out manuvered me.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Default C-4 out manuvered me.

I'm rolling down the street and up ahead of me, same lane, is a red C-4 sitting at a stoplight. I ease off of the gas early to start slowing down hoping the light would turn green before I got there so I didn't have to come to a stop.
Nope. One of those long *** light's.
So I am sitting about 1/2 a car length behind this guy when I see him look up into his rearview mirror and notices me behind him. You could see him thinking for a moment about what he should do. At about that time the light had changed to green, but he didn't notice because he was still checking me out in his mirror. So I stick my hand out of my open T-top's, and point over the top of his car.
He has a blank look on his face for a second, then shift's his gaze from the mirror and see's that the light had changed.
But instead of going he once again look's at me in the rearview mirror, stick's his left hand out threw the open top and give's me a "bye-bye" wave and nail's the gas.
I kind of expected this, so I rolled out a bit and then it was WOT. The Nitto's gave a howl of excitement, then bit, and I was off!
He got the jump on me, but in just a couple of second's I had stopped his pull and was closing the gap. At about 80mph I had to ease off the gas so as not to ride up his exhaust, which was still spewing two very light plume's of grey, so I know he was still into it. Right then is when he looked into his mirror clearly expecting me to be car length's behind. The look on his face when he saw me about 20 feet from his *** was awesome!
So I hit the break's and drag the car down to the speed limit of 45 mph, and he does the same.
After a bit the road open's to two lane's and pow! There he go's again!
Again my right foot goes to the firewall, and I pull into the the right hand lane
to pass on his right side. All of a sudden, he stand's on his break's and I sail past him. I too hit the break's thinking he want's to go from a dig. [long straight road, no traffic].
Nope. He slowed to about 40 or so and snapped one of those 1G left turn's that only 'vette's can do and took off down a side road.
Though it was not really a race, but it sure was fun!
Very clean vette, most likely stock.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice
Old 08-26-2006, 12:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Er..Um/// wtf?
Old 08-26-2006, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Danny,

how do you like that fuddle converter, any complaints?
Tom
Old 08-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dannyz
He slowed to about 40 or so and snapped one of those 1G left turn's that only 'vette's can do and took off down a side road.

thats funny. great story.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

haha way to hang with him...good story!
Old 08-26-2006, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom's_03SVT
Danny,

how do you like that fuddle converter, any complaints?
Tom
No complaint's on the fuddle at all.
I wish that I had listened to these guy's here at LS-1 tech who were telling me to go bigger, but I was worried about drivability, so played it safe and went with a 3000.
I was going to pull it out and have it re-stalled to a 3500, but I went and purchased a nitrous wet kit instead.
Have not installed it yet, it just arrived wednesday.