Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Did I miss somthing? a new skyline?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 08:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I miss somthing? a new skyline?

Ok... so i was leaving school and i saw this car that looked exactly like a g35 coupe, but it didn't have any badging except for the nissan logo and skyline in the rear panel... looked legit, like a real car.

now i remember a couple years ago i worked for a nissan testing plant and i remembering seeing prototypes for these... looked exactly like a g35 except it said Skyline on the back.

did these get released or what?? I tried to get the guy to run, but i couldn't get him to **** around.

anyone?
Old 08-27-2006, 08:46 AM
Launching!

If it looked EXACTLY like a G35, then it probably was and someone just put the JDM badges on it. The G35 IS the Skyline in Japan. Skyline is just a model name like Lancer, meaning there are "plain" Skylines over there that aren't AWD and turbo etc. Like the Lancer - there is the base model FWD one, then there is the Lancer Evo which is an entirely different car.

http://press.nissan-global.com/NEW_S...ssrelease.html

The new Skyline Coupe has been designed and engineered around the product concept of "stylish design and performance," representing the two attributes that were given precedence over all other aspects in the development of this premium sports coupe.

The car was launched earlier in North America last November as the Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe, which has been enthusiastically received with high accolades. The Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe and the Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan were selected by Motor Trend magazine as the "2003 Car of the Year," one of the most prestigious auto awards given in North America.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:47 AM
Launching!

I'm assuming something like this?

Old 08-27-2006, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

nice SOM.

anyways, thanks for the good looks.. yeah that sounds like it.. that press release and picture sum it up. the one i saw didn't have a "gt xxx" or whatever badge tho.. but said skyline under nissan just like that. guess he got one a bit earlier or somthing.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

I thought the thats bodystyle of the skyline had V8 TT overseas maybe im wrong i thought i read it somewere tho.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The Infiniti G35 is the Nissan Skyline in Japan. I think it has a slightly more aggressive body kit or something, but same N/A VQ35.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Banned

Yup. The new skyline isn't suppose to come to the US until 08 and is rumored to have a vq35TT with about 450 HP and AWD.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:41 PM
Launching!

Yeah, SCC did a feature on it. It should be a nice competitor in its price range. It wont put down the power of a Z06, but it should be a great way to **** off the Euro-snobs. And the idea of the VQ finnaly coming out with a turbo stock is nice. 450HP would be pretty low boost for a VQ35. Stupid 91 octane.