Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Too Close for comfort

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 10:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Unhappy Too Close for comfort

I was cruising down a boulevard last night coming up on a red light when a '97ish Cobra pulls out of the side street and guns it through the gears. The light goes green and I give chase. He gets stopped at the next light and I'm behind him. I tried to get next to him but was shutdown by another '00 black T/A A4. He came out of nowhere. The three of us took off briskly at the green light. Not WOT as we were getting to know each other and there was traffic ahead and another red light. The cobra had a clear lane when the light turned green I was on the Cobra and had no problem keeping up. The other T/A was stuck behind a car in traffic. At the next light the T/A caught up while the Cobra and I were in traffic. The T/A moved behind me and the Cobra broke free of traffic and took off. There was a car blocking our lane. We were changing lanes to get around it and catch the cobra waiting at the next light. I was going 'bout 50 when the T/A came up on my side. I downshifted to 3rd and stopped his pull. By 90 I had two cars on him and
the cobra in front at the light. I slowed and let the T/A pass.
He caught the cobra and the two went WOT over a long bridge. It looked like they were side by side the whole way. I was following at 60, the limit is 40. They slowed for a series of lights and I caught up. They were waiting at a light with clear road ahead. I stopped behind the T/A. No sooner did the light begin to change, a cop stopped next to me! I have no clue where he came from, I was watching what's going on in front of me. It's dark, I know they can't tell it's a cop, the light is changing to green, I couldn't warn the guys. ****!! They both launch, and race down the street. I ofcourse go slow and so does the cop. I think he didn't know what was happening, but when the 'stang and T/A were obviously going over the limit, he took off and followed for a 1/4 mile or so. He flipped on the lights when they slowed for some traffic. There is no sidestreet or anyplace to turn around, I had no choice but to slowly follow. The cop stopped them about 100ft. past an intersection, and I took my chance to make a right and get out of there as quietly as possible with my heart pounding louder than the loudmouths. I went straight home and stayed there.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good timing on the fold.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hehe, bet you were glad you allowed the T/A to pass. Sucks for them, but obviously can't expect anything else when you race directly in front of a cop. Hopefully they learn their lesson and become more cautious when street racing or just take it to the track. Took me a much harsher incident for me to calm down, as you can see from my sig. Can get away with it numerous times, but just takes once to ruin everything.