Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

lesson learned....

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 06:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lesson learned....

Well on friday morning i was driving to work and this 350z pulls along side revving his engine, let it be known this same 350z has been bugging me for a bout a month but there always seemed to be traffic unti today. We pulled up to a red light and it turned green, he took off and of course since there finally was no traffic i also took off, procceded to reach a speed of 130 plus(that's what i saw when i looked at the speedo) then i looked in my mirror and the 350 was about six car lengths behind then i looked forward and my heart sunk. I saw a cop coming northbound and i was going southbound towards base, since i was close to base i kept going not knowing if the cop caught me or not i got to base there was four cars in front of me then i got on base and i looked in my mirror and saw the cop with his lights on and he came on base and gave me a ticket, 105 in a 45 reckless driving. I went to court today and it cost me 500 dollars plus since he came on base my command was notified and i had to write a 1000 word essay on why not speed. I learned that one that 350z was slow, guam tickets are expensive and to try and keep it on the track.

P.s. That was the most expensive race i have ever WON!
Attached Thumbnails lesson learned....-23334345455.jpg   lesson learned....-real-deal062.jpg  

Last edited by wild_weasel76; 09-14-2006 at 06:32 AM.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:01 AM
On The Tree

That sucks, sorry man. Nice kill btw.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wild_weasel76
Well on friday morning i was driving to work and this 350z pulls along side revving his engine, let it be known this same 350z has been bugging me for a bout a month but there always seemed to be traffic unti today. We pulled up to a red light and it turned green, he took off and of course since there finally was no traffic i also took off, procceded to reach a speed of 130 plus(that's what i saw when i looked at the speedo) then i looked in my mirror and the 350 was about six car lengths behind then i looked forward and my heart sunk. I saw a cop coming northbound and i was going southbound towards base, since i was close to base i kept going not knowing if the cop caught me or not i got to base there was four cars in front of me then i got on base and i looked in my mirror and saw the cop with his lights on and he came on base and gave me a ticket, 105 in a 45 reckless driving. I went to court today and it cost me 500 dollars plus since he came on base my command was notified and i had to write a 1000 word essay on why not speed. I learned that one that 350z was slow, guam tickets are expensive and to try and keep it on the track.

P.s. That was the most expensive race i have ever WON!
only $500??

My last street racing ticket cost me over $1k after court fee's, Driving school twice, missed work ect....

Must have been the fact that it was a reckless driving ticket. Mine was wrote as racing on a controled hwy. Thank god it was before they could take your car.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:50 AM
Staging Lane

Yea you got off pretty easily compared to what would happen most places. My street racing fine was over $1400, and my sister just got a $700 ticket and 30 day suspension for speed in excess of 100mph. CA has its own code just for that particular offense.
Just go pickup a $250 radar detector, haven't got a speeding ticket since buying one, and it has payed for itself many times over, and really gives you alot more peace of mind while driving.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:26 AM
TECH Resident

That sucks! My ticket was only $244 for racing my roomate. I got lucky because (not trying to be a douche and talke trash here, just stating facts) I was so far ahead of my buddys stang, I don't think the cop thought I was racing, he just thought I was being a jackass. He was PISSED! He claimed that I was trying to run from him when my radar detector went off.

I told him "sir, I have no radar dector, and I wasn't running. I was just testing my new clutch!" He proceeded to tell me that he has changed many clutches and never had to go 85 in a 45.

I'm thinking my next mod is going to be a radar dector.

By the way weasel76, what base are you located at?
Old 09-13-2006, 12:16 PM
10 Second Club

your lucky you didn't go to jail. you got off easy as far as I'm concerned.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:06 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

You have to pick your battles man, cars like that are not worth getting pulled over for. Be careful and always consider is the juice worth the squeeze?
Old 09-13-2006, 01:21 PM
Launching!

We stand against double jeapory as someone who commits a dui. After civilian court and fees then the old man gets his as the co gave a direct order not to speed in the area. not sure why it was a sudden issue.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:15 PM
12 Second Club

That sucks! But at least you got to beat the Z's azz, and it would have been worse (ticket/points) in the states!! What do the cops drive in Guam?? You would have outrun him if there was no line.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dude that sucks, but you got off easy so its not all bad.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:13 AM
Teching In

I work on naval magazine in nawmu-1. The cops drive crown vics over here. I guess the juice wasn't worth the squeeze LOL! Good idea with the radar detector. I saw that guy at the gym today and parked next to him just to remind him of what beat his pretty car.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:18 PM
TECH Regular

yea, you got off EASY. I got a ******* reckless driving ticket for smoking the tires(they were snow tires, and I didn't really notice till I saw the smoke), in a parking lot of a grocey store, and got banned for the place.... for SITING STILL!!!. only reason they started smoking was cuz some ******* jackass bitch steping in front of my car by the door... left my foot on the gas and held the break... SMOKE....
Old 09-14-2006, 02:14 PM
10 Second Club

that sucks man. this may be a stupid question but when you got stationed on guam, i'm assumming that you had your car shipped there correct? i wasn't sure how that all worked
Old 09-14-2006, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cam02ss
that sucks man. this may be a stupid question but when you got stationed on guam, i'm assumming that you had your car shipped there correct? i wasn't sure how that all worked
NOPE! he drove it there....
Old 09-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Teching In

That sucks! See, having the fastest car means also taking the biggest risk for tickets. It's not so bad paying the hit ($) up front, but that insurance will double for a # of years to come.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by logo_craig
NOPE! he drove it there....
notice i said
i'm assumming that you had your car shipped there correct?
therefore...i didn't know if HE had to have his car shipped there or if the MILITARY transported it there when he transferred
Old 09-14-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cam02ss
notice i said therefore...i didn't know if HE had to have his car shipped there or if the MILITARY transported it there when he transferred
haha i was being sarcastic

notice i put

Originally Posted by logo_craig
Old 09-14-2006, 11:28 PM
10 Second Club

lol yea. i knew the question was going to sound stupid to begin with