Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

98 TA Vert vs Ford Lightning

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 TA Vert vs Ford Lightning

So Im cruisin to my (old) gals house sitting @ a light when a red Ford Lightning pulls up next to me bumpin hard and starin at me.
He smiled thinking I had nada on him. From the sound of his truck it wasnt stock...it was actually pretty damn loud...annoying loud too.

Whatever I flipped open the cutout and waited for the light. As soon as it turns green my tires spin a little and the only thing you hear is the roar of the open exhaust of my car. I hit second and the rear end kicks out juuuust a tad. ( I found that to be very odd with all of the stuff I have done to this car) I look over and I have about a solid car and a half on this guy. Figured Id rub it in a little so I slam 3rd gear and I hear a loud *CLANG*....well **** me.

Well I had beat him...but no my car is all squirrely in the rear end. I turn off on to another road and do a 1st-2nd gear slam and the car turns damn near sideways. Not good.

I took it down to the shop the next day. My cousin told me I was missing one of the top torque arm bolts (yikes!). That was the clang I had heard and it explained why my car wanted to kick out sideways. Anyhow he popped a new one in and I was set to go @ zero cost. Kinda scared me though.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Close call, im sure you were scared shitless when you heard that clank!

its always fun beating a lightning!
Old 09-14-2006, 03:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good kill. Racing those trucks is fun. Especially when they think their the **** and they cant keep up