Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ford Lightning Good race :)

Old 09-15-2006, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Lightning Good race :)

Ill be quick about it. he was behind me at a light. light turns green and i slowly get into it he jumps over in the left lane and i hear the SC whine so i hit it at about 25 mph i guess. he gets his front bumper to about my rear panel and i stop the pull and slowly start to pull away till about 80 where i had about half a car ahead of him.

we slow down and he pulls beside me and asks if i was stock i said no and told him my mods and i asked him what he had done he said a few things and that he ran a 12.9 at the track. he said something about he pulled on me for a second and i said because i wasnt on it. i think it would have probly been a car lenght or more if i had actually jumped on it hard off the line instead of letting him go wot first.

anyhow i have a few more races ill post later. i was happy since my car hasnt been running right since the front right 02 sensor went bad.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Those things are charged? Lmao I was actually giving them credit for being decently peppy..

Good kill nonetheless
Old 09-15-2006, 10:54 AM
Teching In

Decently peppy??????? Those lightnings are actually pretty damn fast
Old 09-15-2006, 01:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea ok they're fast...but I didnt know they were charged. They lose my respect now.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Banned

lose your respect????????? are you joking....its a truck for gods sake.....it weighs alot more than your car. it would haul a four wheeler and still smoke alot of sport cars
Old 09-15-2006, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Seriously. He must be a fan of Dodge's magic Hemi. I'd take a Lightning over even and SRT-10 Ram, any day of the week. Or take the Ram, sell it buy a Lightning, and use the extra cash to make it faster than the Ram .

Good kill none the less. I had looked at those trucks before I found my T/A.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

lightnings are pretty impressive for a truck... and with minor mods they can really gain tons of power.... ohh and shamson5.7 if its a stock ford and its fast chances are its supercharged....

how does a silverado ss or a trailblazer ss do against a lightning?? ive heard them trailblazers are pretty quick but i havnt seen one run yet
Old 09-15-2006, 05:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dsg03bullitt
lose your respect????????? are you joking....its a truck for gods sake.....it weighs alot more than your car. it would haul a four wheeler and still smoke alot of sport cars

First of all, and this is my opinion, if a vehicle is supercharged I expect that SOB to be fast...really fast. I dont care for a car (or truck) that is nothing special until a supercharger is added. Its like pumping little Johnny down the block up with steroids to be as big as the normal kids.

Now if you have something thats already ***** to the wall (LSx motors) fast and add a charger then thats like taking Brutis the highschool bully and putting that ****** on steroids.

I dont like the fact that something NEEDS to be supercharged to be fast.

And presto_z...I liked that comment about Ford. It gave me a chuckle.

Oh and for the record Im not big on trucks. You want to have a race truck? Stop being a ***** by using the exscuse that you "weigh so much more".
Old 09-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Shamson5.7
First of all, and this is my opinion, if a vehicle is supercharged I expect that SOB to be fast...really fast. I dont care for a car (or truck) that is nothing special until a supercharger is added. Its like pumping little Johnny down the block up with steroids to be as big as the normal kids.

Now if you have something thats already ***** to the wall (LSx motors) fast and add a charger then thats like taking Brutis the highschool bully and putting that ****** on steroids.

I dont like the fact that something NEEDS to be supercharged to be fast.

And presto_z...I liked that comment about Ford. It gave me a chuckle.

Oh and for the record Im not big on trucks. You want to have a race truck? Stop being a ***** by using the exscuse that you "weigh so much more".
I know exactly where your coming from and i agree with your point.

I'm also not a big fan of supercharged cars/trucks. Sure, the lightning is a fast and respectable truck and i wouldn't mind having one, but it is supercharged...Anything that is supercharged should be fast, especially if it's a V8 supercharged. Which is why im not a big fan of the 03-04 cobra's. Sure, there sick and can make 500+Rwhp with a few bolt ons, but its supercharged...It almost seems to easy. Pulley, catback, tune. I made 460Rwhp...(wow, what a shocker ) People that have LS1/LT1's make different numbers with the same mods. With supercharged cars, its seems like its all the same...

I like the idea of having an all motor vehicle. Its fords way of saying they can't make any power with the 4.6 anymore, so lets be lazy and supercharge it! Lol, while 98 light bolt on LS1's can still pull stock 03 cobra's...
Old 09-15-2006, 06:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by presto_z

how does a silverado ss or a trailblazer ss do against a lightning?? ive heard them trailblazers are pretty quick but i havnt seen one run yet
My buddy has an '03 Harley Truck with a factory S/C on it. This truck is a four door and waaaay heavier than a lightning and would get owned by one. And his Harley truck put a pretty bad hurting on one of those new Trailblazer SS! So I have a feeling that a Lightning would have no problems with it.

As far as the Silverado....I have a couple of magazine articles were they compared the Harley, SS, and Hemi (NOT SRT-10) and the Harley had the lowest 1/4 mile ET....But you can't always believe what you read in magazines, you know what I mean?
Old 09-15-2006, 07:51 PM
Banned

shamson5.7....id rather have a lightning than an 8 year old white trash trans-am....and smoke yourrrr *** stock for stock.....or better yet why dont i buy a trans am like yours and grow a mullett and cut the sleves off of all my shirts and **** my cousins like everyone else that has a white trash camaro or trans am.....i bet if you follow one around town long enough you'll end up driving down a dirt road to get to the trailer park....yes indeed stock for stock ls1's are really quick....and i mean really quick BUT! they remind me off white trash and t/a's and camaros are ugly as hell...the interior is horrible also imho

i payed money to get my full bolt on gt to run as fast as an ls1.....but i would never trade it for one because i like riding in style
Old 09-15-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Resident

shamson5.7....id rather have a lightning than an 8 year old white trash trans-am....and smoke yourrrr *** stock for stock.....or better yet why dont i buy a trans am like yours and grow a mullett and cut the sleves off of all my shirts and **** my cousins like everyone else that has a white trash camaro or trans am.....i bet if you follow one around town long enough you'll end up driving down a dirt road to get to the trailer park....yes indeed stock for stock ls1's are really quick....and i mean really quick BUT! they remind me off white trash and t/a's and camaros are ugly as hell...the interior is horrible also imho

i payed money to get my full bolt on gt to run as fast as an ls1.....but i would never trade it for one because i like riding in style
Hey now that's just rude...

Your right though. Mustangs do have some style. My sister loves hers, and now my mom is thinking of getting one. And its seems Mustangs are all my girlfriend ever talks about....Those things are so sweet....
Old 09-15-2006, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks like I pissed a Ford owner off enough to make personal attacks.
Thats fine. You can like what you like and Ill stick with my LS1.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:56 AM
mcG
TECH Resident

yeah mustangs have style....i guess that's why i see 10,000 of them every day on the 10 minute ride to work. i like stangs but everyone and their mother has one that's why i never wanted one.

about the lightnings, i like them a lot, my neighbor has one and its pretty badass
Old 09-16-2006, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

Hmm thats fairly uncalled for and hypocritical actually.. You call him white trash, but only one with gutterlingo is umm You !! Pot,meet Kettle,...
Its an OPINION and yep, I just checked we are in America, and the constitution is still there..........SAY so is the Bill of Rights.. remember that little piece of paper ?
Anyhow man CHILL..No one attacked you in your trailer park No one assaulted your blue oval. They said they didn't like the IDEA of etc etc..
Do you happen to have a swastika in your Mustang ? Only asking because that whole intolerant point of view sounds like an old WWII documentary I saw once.....
Just a thought..
Old 09-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Teching In

you think somone on an ls1 board is really going to care about how badass your mustang gt is? i dont think so if you dont like them talking **** about ford go to a ******* ford website heres one for you http://www.svtperformance.com/ you should fit right in with your queer styling approaches.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:19 PM
Launching!

12.9 is fast IMO, especially because its a truck.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Launching!

Mustangs are nice looking cars and all... but the only thing on the planet that looks nicer than a WS6 Trans Am is a beautiful woman, completely naked (even then its a tossup )
Old 09-17-2006, 12:21 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

those things are no joke. i got my *** whooped by one at the track. it ran a 12.6 or 12.7 if memory serves correctly.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Formula_X
12.9 is fast IMO, especially because its a truck.
Is that stock? It sure as hell didnt seem that fast when I was racing him and we are @ higher altitude...he would have had the advantage.

Search this Thread