Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Finally got a cobra

Old 09-16-2006, 10:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally got a cobra

Well on thurs. night me and the boys were out at one of the local spots waiting for a race. (one of the cars had to put injectors on before the race). So we (me and Flash12t) get bored so we hit up a couple of 03/04 cobras for some fun runs. We end up using the closest street, which ends up being a bit more than a 1/8 long run.

1st run:
Flash12t runs the Black vert. cobra and takes him easily as the driver sucks *** and cant hook. (guess thats what hapens when you upgrade from a fwd car)

2nd run:
I run the red vert. cobra with a passenger in my car to call it out. Cobra jumps early, i go anyways. He gets about 1 1/2 cars on me on the launch, i go and make up about a car (while spinning through 1st, and part of second). I pull to his door and hold till the end.

3rd run:
Me and red cobra again. This time my passneger gets out to flag it. We go and i jump about a 1 1/2 cars outta the hole and pull another in the mid range, ending the race with about 2 cars on him.

4th run:
Me and Flash12t go. Im on nittos and flash is on street tires so i give him the go. He goes, jumps about a car, then i go and make up about a half a car on him. In the mid range i pull almost dead even with him, then i loose by a literaly a few inches. (****** I know you'll be reading this, so i'll get you next time when you get your Nittos! We'll go heads-up Bitch! )

All in all it was a good night.

Oh yeah just for ***** and giggles, Not my race, but the one we waited for.
A black LT1 said to be stroked (383), cammed with a cheap *** blower running 4.5lbs. against a bolt-on audi a4, making somewhere in the neighborhood of 500hp.
So they line up and the Audi take him off the line by a couple of car. from then on the audi just kept walking away. He ended up winning by more than 5 cars. Camaro claimed he hooked so there was no rematch.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

good runs...i still havent raced a cobra...everytime i see one i dont have my car...wow an audi a4 making 500, i had no idea they could make that much power.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:16 AM
TECH Addict

The a4 was on race gas. He said he can only make mid 300's on 91. Oh yeah and that was the slowest one of the three in his group. there is one said to be pushing over 1Khp (same guy have a 1220hp GNX, so i believe it).

Search this Thread