Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

VW GTI kill

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default VW GTI kill

Finally my first race against a somewhat sports car, tired of all these trucks and stock civics. Anyway, I'm cruising down this two lane street, couple cars in front of me, GTI behind me. After passing the cars, the GTI hops in the other lane and tries to floor it past me.
Wasn't expecting this at all, and I'm in overdrive in my A4 going about 45mph, terrible spot. He already has momentum, but I floored it anyway about when his front end was at my rear bumper. Stopped his pull when he gets to my door, hear his bov as he's switching gears, look over at his ugly goth gf, and I finally get into the powerband and put a couple cars on him by about 80mph.
Then I brake to let him know I'm done, and see the light up ahead of us turn orange. YES! What does this ricer do though? He floors it through the red so he doesn't have to face another humiliation in front of his chick .
Old 10-19-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

you know it's still a VW right?

Old 10-19-2006, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Was it the brand new GTI? GTI's can be very respectable for what they are with few mods. I used to have an 04 that ran a 14.4 with just an intake and a chip. However, it could have done a tiny bit better if i had more than just 2 runs cuz i hadnt driven the car at all for 7 months and i jumped in it after we were already at the race track and pulled it up to the light and went. They are hardly competition for an ls1 but for a lightly modded lt1 they are no joke.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:06 AM
Staging Lane

It looked new, maybe had some cosmetic mods, but maybe that's just how they are stock now, very clean car though. It seemed pretty quick, but it could just be my car is slower than it is meant to be. Passenger cat is broken, read that messes up your exhaust flow, and so is my lid. Too damn broke to fix either. Sure I would have murdered this guy from a dig regardless, but he didn't wanna do that .
Old 10-20-2006, 01:55 AM
Board Certified Idiot

My Friends 04 GLI Jetta Runs 16Lbs Of Boost and I still Walk Him and I am Basically Stock
Old 10-20-2006, 06:52 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Good kill, I had the same encounter last week........moron too.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BeavermanA
...I'm in overdrive in my A4 going about 45mph...
An A4's worst nightmare. I've got gears and a stall on the wish list for when I get back.

Nice run.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:36 PM
12 Second Club

I have no respect for those cars, the owners are almost as bad as srt-4 guys. They think since they have a turbo and a stick they are the kings of the street. I love crapping on cars like that it brings a smile to my face nice kill
Old 10-21-2006, 02:22 AM
Staging Lane

Hmm wtf. I just ran into another one of these things on the freeway on my way home right now. Didn't get a clearcut run because there was quite a bit of traffic, even at this hour, but the #1 lane was wide open. He's to my right, and tries to do a flyby, I step on it too, but he hits traffic in his lane and then switches in behind me. Seemed like I wasn't pulling away at all, he stayed the same distance from about 70mph to 120mph, and he probably wasn't even all the way on it cause I was in front of him. After that he slowed way down to catch an exit or something.
Definitely think my car is running weak now, cause I know it takes some major mods for these to keep up with a bone stock ls1. Ah well I need to stop that crap anyway, talked to my girl not 10 minutes prior telling me to drive home safe and I'm saying I don't race or drive kike a dumbass anymore, damn that was stupid with the amount of traffic.