Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

old dodge pickup vs. me

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default old dodge pickup vs. me

I was sitting outside my work and talking to one of my co-workers who owns a CRX which he was currently working on and his buddy pulls up. We start talking a little bit and he asks me to run against him with his old ragged Dodge pickup. I was kinda shocked by the offer. First I was thinking "is this guy serious?" and my second thought was "this guy must be yanking my ***** or is plain retarded." Keep in mind, this guys truck is completely bone stock and has a four cylinder Mitsu motor in it. So I try and change the subject but he keeps egging me on. Saying that my car has nothing on his truck. He asked my how much power I was putting down and I told him "in the high 500's" just to try and get him to back off. Well, this is where I truly found out this guy didn't know ****. His next statement was a classic.

Guy with Truck: "If I'm correct, those Camaro's came with a 350 and there is no way that a Chevy 350 can produce more than 350 horsepower modded or not. Thats why they call them 350's"

Me: "...."

Guy with Truck: "I call bullshit on you, lets race right now."

Me: "...ok..."

So we line them up and I had to use the spray for effect. Lets just say he shouldn't of even opened his mouth in the first place. I left him light years behind. We get back to the spot where we were talking and he starts telling me that I must have a big block in there because he always pulls on Camaro's. Does he realize that these people in the camaro's aren't racing him?

Some people are truly stupid.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Good kill.

btw - he probably beats up on late 1970's L22 camaros. lol.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:59 PM
TECH Resident

Why would you even bother racing him if it wasn't for a lot of money??
Old 01-05-2007, 08:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

"Why would you even bother racing him if it wasn't for a lot of money??"

+1 on that, he would have been stupid enough to go for it to!!