Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

gto defeat

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gto defeat

So a couple of weeks ago, some friends and i are up to the local hangout for the gathering of the fast and those who wish they were fast. I see a group of cars come up, there were three of them, an LS1 GTO, a bad lookin 94-98 4.6L, and another car, the make and model i dont remember. No race from the guy in the mustang, but the guy in the GTO agrees to race. He doesnt say what he has done, and from what i coulld tell, he had wires and maybe a little bit more that was unseen. I will prolly never know what he had done. But when we get out to race, i warm my bfg drag 2's up in first gear (i have an A4.) The race begins and my automatic hit redline. I dont have time to say WTF???? bc i already know what my dumbass did. I left it in first when i burned out and never put her back into drive. So i let off the gas, overshift into neutral, then back down into drive. By the quarter mile mark, i had beat him by 2 cars. hehe, when we raced again, i beat him by at least, and i am being generous, 5. Confident win, 50 in the bank
Old 01-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MavrickCJH
So a couple of weeks ago, some friends and i are up to the local hangout for the gathering of the fast and those who wish they were fast. I see a group of cars come up, there were three of them, an LS1 GTO, a bad lookin 94-98 4.6L, and another car, the make and model i dont remember. No race from the guy in the mustang, but the guy in the GTO agrees to race. He doesnt say what he has done, and from what i coulld tell, he had wires and maybe a little bit more that was unseen. I will prolly never know what he had done. But when we get out to race, i warm my bfg drag 2's up in first gear (i have an A4.) The race begins and my automatic hit redline. I dont have time to say WTF???? bc i already know what my dumbass did. I left it in first when i burned out and never put her back into drive. So i let off the gas, overshift into neutral, then back down into drive. By the quarter mile mark, i had beat him by 2 cars. hehe, when we raced again, i beat him by at least, and i am being generous, 5. Confident win, 50 in the bank
Reminds me of the movie "American Graffiti" when the guy put the car in reverse after jumping the light.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill. Whats your mods?
Old 01-13-2007, 01:24 AM
TECH Resident

no **** what kind of mods do you have.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I honestly feel kind of bad for the 04 guys.

GM played a terrible joke.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Finite1
I honestly feel kind of bad for the 04 guys.

GM played a terrible joke.
true,

and the value of there cars fell out from beneath them
Old 01-13-2007, 07:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by KrautBurner
true,

and the value of there cars fell out from beneath them
The value of a Ls1 gto isnt that bad at all ! Im not getting that from a guy who owns a 05 which will be doing the same in 3 years ?