Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My TA vs EVO

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My TA vs EVO

This happened a while back, so I'm a little hazy on the details, but it was a fun night nonetheless.

I was cruising down the local boulevard with my buddy (anthraxmm) in my TA, happy that I finally had something I could cruise around in that gets attention, when I see blue lights in my rear view mirror. The car, an 04+ EVO, quickly passes me and a couple of cars ahead, leaving himself and a large open space ahead.

A perfect spot for a roll race.

I pull next to him at 50mph, and I see him look over and he takes off, so I popped my car out of O/D and let her rip. Surprisingly enough, my car jumps out in front right off the bat. When approaching 80mph, I looked down and saw my tach getting close to 5500, and got a knot in my stomach. I dread the 2-3 shift because the clutches in my tranny are slipping (needs a rebuild) and my engine freewheels, hits the limiter, and shifts very hard. He gained a little ground on that shift, but I started to put some distance between us again. I stopped at 110, but he kept going then stopped a little ways in front of me. Surprisingly enough, my bone stock, automatic '99 TA kept that little sucker about one car behind us the whole ride. Pretty fun considering I thought I'd get owned.

He caught up with me later and wanted to go from a dig on one of the most policed streets in town, he took off, but I didn't feel like being pulled over (or playing catch-up, damn AWD launches) So I guess we're even.

I have to give it to the EVO though, it was pretty quick!

After that I went home and payed respects to my TA. I tried to start up my Buick, but I guess she's jealous, because I killed the battery trying to get her to start.

Needless to say, my ego was a little inflated after that, but got shot down when I raced a modded GTO a few days later all in good fun.

Old 01-11-2007, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right on man!

I just raced a really good friend of mine that just got a 05 STI. Those things are pretty quick too. I love the way that turbo sounds!

We decided that I was gonna honk twice and on the second honk, that we'd both take off. After I hit the second honk, I got a little greedy and popped the clutch too hard and put the gas down too far so my wheels just spun. At this point he's obviously ahead. He put about 2-3 cars on me by the time I hooked up. After I hooked up though, I caught up to him at around 65ish and then had him by about 4-5 car lenths by the time I hit 110. He said the previous owner put an intake, an exhaust, and a "stage 2" tune on it.

I expected them to be faster. I was planning to put a 100shot on if I lost. Thankfully I can save the money and put it toward a 12 bolt
Old 01-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice runs!

12 bolt FTW.