Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First night out with new LS7 clutch.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 01:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First night out with new LS7 clutch.

So, tonight was pretty cool. First night out in a while with the car and first time out with the new clutch setup. Went out to the local ricer hangout and patrolled the parking lot...got stopped by a guy who wanted to run an Evo, but I didn't really feel like it at the time.

Buddy of mine has an 01 GT Mustang, boltons, 5-speed. Haven't seen the kid in a while, but came up to me and said that he beat a black WS6 TA with an automatic earlier (later found out that the guy wasnt racing him ) when he was on his way out.

Anyway, to the point, we started talking and decided to go mess around a little...I smelled a little BS when he told me of his slaughtering of the WS6, and wanted to take his pride from him. We lined the cars up, went for it and by mid way up first I had him by a car length. Shifted to second, another car length. Went to third, shut down. We went two more times, similar outcomes each race. Lets just say he has a newfound respect for LS1's.

Tomorrow should be fun as well...may go fill the bottle in the morning Maybe i'll feel like going after this "superfast" Evo.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Teching In

The LS7 clutch is not the best clutch in the world. Street is fine, but with 400+ RWHP at the track it tends to slip. I took mine out of my car (new) and gave it away. If I knew you you wanted one, I would have given you mine.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kills, Matt. Mine is blood thirsty! It's been too long since I've lined up with anybody. Since I've been working at MMP, I've had no time to play!
Old 03-06-2007, 01:51 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Good kill, I hate the way Mustang guys act, serriously.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Launching!

I think my friend raced that EVO. The one that hangs out in Harbison?