Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 races yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 07:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2 races yesterday

The first one.. a young guy comes in the shop with a SRT4 Stage 2 .. and we get to talking .. he tells me how his fav victoms are stock ls1's lol so we head out on the raod.. we line em up at 45 im in 2nd and we kick em off.. WOW he was neck and neck .. well till i shifted .. lol no was pretty close i pulled him by a over a car at the end of our first run .. .. second run .. he tryed to slow down more.. i think to get in his power band.. and he took the hit.. but i stopped him in 2nd and pulled him back to half car in 3rd and by 4th i had a car on him .. 2 wins for the z

Next race that night ..SUPPOSED stock ls1 with cat back and lid YEAH RIGHT !!!!! we head out on the freeway and go from a 45 kick i put a car on him by 3rd .. shifted into 4th and was pulling good till i look up and there is a car in my lane .. they start to get on the shoulder (watching the mirrors i guess) so i shut down .. took the first win.. then this car proceed to follow us and watch the next race .. NOw here is where i gets odd.. they the other z( with passenger) wanted to go again .. ok, on the way back why not.. now we get another ss, black and red with 3 people in it, pulles up beside us.. i honk it off and here we go.. again about the same result TILLL .. HOLY **** im at 130 i see him start to come????? WTF at 140 to 145 he passes me ??? with a passenger WTF .. wow im in AWE .. i let off and BOOOOOMM something happened .. i got smoke pouring from the car .. i stop and had blown the pvc tube off oiled the car down damit. i havent crawled under it yet .. so hoping thats all that happend .. seemed fine but missing ,i thought due to 2 coils being soaked with oil... they got it on vid so if they post it ill link it ... so spray or no spray .. i have never ben ran around after being a car to a car and a half ahead??? any ideals

ps he said he had lip and catback .. thats all .. i think he spayed me.. or i want to think that LOL
Old 01-21-2007, 07:58 AM
Staging Lane

Probably Sprayed.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:12 AM

Might have sprayed. I'd say he definitely had more done than he said to come by you like that. Good runs!
Old 01-21-2007, 08:22 AM
Launching!

Probally didn't have to much more than the listed mods but I've found that people almost always "forget" to mention custom computer programming and that seems to help a little.

P.S. guess it's to bad for them i have all those mods plus a few more.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:04 AM
11 Second Club

different gears would do that too....
Old 01-21-2007, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

he said he only had me by a half a car but it felt like more lol .. at least we are 1 to 1 .. I guess i could have shut down earlier and won but he wasnt lettin off and I wasnt lettin off ..

edit : he did ask what gear i had ??!!! mmmmmmmmmm
Old 01-21-2007, 11:21 AM
11 Second Club

well then there you go....the higher the gear, the faster the acceleration...

for example...3.73's and 4.10's really have no dead spots. They pull from take off and never really stop pulling...untill your tapped out

where as with you (im guessing your auto??) when you get around 130 your now in your overdrive and your car is no longer acclerating like it was getting up to 130....well a taller gear would help that. Taller the gear makes it much easier on the motor at those types of speeds to keep pulling through it where your A4 and stock rear end struggle with it.

Edit: Im not 100% positive if your car goes into overdrive at 130 im just using it as an example....I dont have a LS1 so i dont really know.