Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02 z28 vs 99 GT

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 09:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 02 z28 vs 99 GT

Well I was at the Auto Hobby shop on base today, I was putting on Drilled and slotted rotors and pads. And this young kid was next to me doing an oil change on his Stang.

After working on my car for awhile he comes over and starts up a conversasion with me. He noticed that my right front had some bad damage to it, due to an accident two weeks ago. So we started talking cars. He kept on saying how he loved racing f-bodys cause he liked winning... So I am not one to back down from someone talking trash to my face so I said lets go race. He was like sure no problem.

Well after finishing up on my car, I cleaned out my stall and put my tools away and went to check out. By this time he was allready done and waiting for me in the parking lot. Well we sat there for a minute and decided on where to go, We decided on going out towards the rich part of the county in pungo, There are some nice streets out there and not to many cops. Being it is about 20 minutes from Va beach.

Well we finally got to our destination and we lined up, and he said on his three. We took off and I was a full lenght in front of him when he just started to fall back really bad, So I stopped and waited for him to pull up, and he said he missed a gear. and Wants another stab at it. Well we line up again THis time on my three. As soon as I hit the third honk he dumps it hard and Bam!!!!! I look back and he was costing, So I turn around and come back to him, THere was fluid and some steam coming from under his car. He had that oh **** look on his face, and I knew right away what happened.

Well needless to say he won't be racing anytime soon, atleast not until he gets another tranny.

But all in all it was fun, and I made another Friend. But I don't think he will be talking to much **** to my face anymore.

Lane

Last edited by crazylane; 02-03-2007 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:39 PM
TECH Resident

Good kill man!

Sucks blowing up stuff while racing...I think a lot of us have been there before.

Did he happen to mention what mods he had to beat all these F-bodys?
Old 02-03-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice kill! another one bites the dust!
Old 02-04-2007, 07:12 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah he never really told me that day what he had done to the car that would make it fast. Lol

Lane
Old 02-04-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill.....literally