Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Annihilated a CTS-V talkin smack....

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 05:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Annihilated a CTS-V talkin smack....

and now I got this guy hooked on his ellis. Guy on the 3rd floor was out smokin a cig talkin about his CTSv, I complemented him on his bad *** car. Then one of my coworkers chimed in that he should race my Camaro, because "its disgusting". The guy replies with this incredulous look and says "no way man, mine has the corvette motor!" I knew I had struck gold! So 2 hours ago we lined them up on the way to lunch, and I put a few buslengths on him. Of course I HAD to take him for a ride after, scared the crap out of him, and slapped some knowledge about the LSx'x on him. So now he is pumped as hell. Told him what I spent and he is acting like a kid in a candy store asking me what he should do first and on and on. Love initiating LSx newbs!
Old 02-08-2007, 06:17 PM
Teching In

Haha nice kill...was it the ls6 or ls2?
Old 02-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Launching!

Good kill but what does "hooked on his ellis" mean?
Old 02-08-2007, 08:12 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSWaaa?
Good kill but what does "hooked on his ellis" mean?
You don't know Ellis Juan?
Old 02-08-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill!

you might of made him have a mod attack! Now he's going to start modding that caddy like no other
Old 02-08-2007, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man your car is a beast for an H/C car. Way to school em.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
and now I got this guy hooked on his ellis. Guy on the 3rd floor was out smokin a cig talkin about his CTSv, I complemented him on his bad *** car. Then one of my coworkers chimed in that he should race my Camaro, because "its disgusting". The guy replies with this incredulous look and says "no way man, mine has the corvette motor!" I knew I had struck gold! So 2 hours ago we lined them up on the way to lunch, and I put a few buslengths on him. Of course I HAD to take him for a ride after, scared the crap out of him, and slapped some knowledge about the LSx'x on him. So now he is pumped as hell. Told him what I spent and he is acting like a kid in a candy store asking me what he should do first and on and on. Love initiating LSx newbs!
Where are you from?
Old 02-09-2007, 08:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Orlando. It was an LS2 cts. Saw him this morning coming in and he asked me to send him an email with a list of things he should do to his car first, lol. The only thing that sucks is he knows really nothing, I am educating him on how a motor even works. He was catching on quick though. Wants to come by my place when I wrench on the car. When my lift finally gets assembled in my garage I was going to invite him over when I take my heads off to get them milled and put on the true duals to try and hit 500rwhp. That should get him a decent grasp of everything. He only lives a few blocks from me so I might have found a new car buddy.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

good start to a new friendship. turn him on to LS1TECH.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
Orlando. It was an LS2 cts. Saw him this morning coming in and he asked me to send him an email with a list of things he should do to his car first, lol. The only thing that sucks is he knows really nothing, I am educating him on how a motor even works. He was catching on quick though. Wants to come by my place when I wrench on the car. When my lift finally gets assembled in my garage I was going to invite him over when I take my heads off to get them milled and put on the true duals to try and hit 500rwhp. That should get him a decent grasp of everything. He only lives a few blocks from me so I might have found a new car buddy.
I kinda hate people like that. This guy i know, hes' dad bought him a brandnew mach 1 mustang, very nice car, and he knows nothing about it. Im not even a mustang guy, and i had to tell him that hes car didnt have a IRS, and that it was a solid axle car.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99corvette
I kinda hate people like that. This guy i know, hes' dad bought him a brandnew mach 1 mustang, very nice car, and he knows nothing about it. Im not even a mustang guy, and i had to tell him that hes car didnt have a IRS, and that it was a solid axle car.
Im not a big fan of peoples folks buying them cars either, but im guessing this cts guy bought his himself. As for not knowing anything about them, everyones gotta start somewhere.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ScottysZ
Im not a big fan of peoples folks buying them cars either, but im guessing this cts guy bought his himself. As for not knowing anything about them, everyones gotta start somewhere.

Well i guess your right, but me, i always do research on a car before a buy one. I read everything i could find before i bought my 2005 Cobalt SS/SC.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude you forgot to tell him you have a Corvette motor also lol haha
Old 02-11-2007, 03:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i predicted a beat down.

nice kill mang