Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Gen 2 Viper Vs 1 Fast Trans Am Results

Old 02-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gen 2 Viper Vs 1 Fast Trans Am Results

After doing a quick scout of the run area I pulled up to the agreed meeting area..

first thing i notice is that this is one beautiful firebird ( man oh man how it made me miss my C5 that was the same color)

We go over the rules of engagement and commence...

*DISCLAIMER* this is all from my perspective, do not take it as the final word. As like everything in life...opinions will vary.

race 1- we pace each other doing 40-50 for around 5 min waiting for everything to clear up. Im listening very hard for the three beep but their is none.

He revs it and then takes off. I relizing that I missed my oppertunity, dont even try and give him the win. Bird 1...Snake 0

race 2- I do the 3 beep and it seems like I may have gotten a 1/4 car on the hit. We run side by side all through my second gear and then when I hit third it seems as though I put a car or car and a half on the bird. But as Im going through third gear I see him coming back up and when we slow for traffic I feel that i was MAYBE half a car ahead at around 120 mph. But it's very hard to know for sure. Did he brake first? did I brake first? All in all a very even run and I would personally call this one a tie.Bird 1...Snake 0

race 3- this time he dose the three beeps roughly 1/2 a car in front of me and I wait till I see him hit it to ensure that i dont jump out to early...Seems like we hit it right around the same time. Half way through second gear i close the half car lead and were side by side again..Stayed that way all through second gear. then when third came I feel as if I pulled a car or so but Im not exactly sure...I was seriously caught up in the moment..

On this race Im not sure how many cars I had. All I know was that I wound out my HOLE 4TH GEAR and was doing atleaste 140 mph when the road suddenly became unfamiliar to me and through a curve. Luckily my car handles pretty decently and I made it through unscaved and still in my lane..

Like I said Im not really sure of who really won this race. he says he knew the curve was coming so he let off before i did. Im gonna give myself the win simply because I was stupid and stayed in it and dont remember him passing me..LOL Bird 1...Snake 0

race4- we start at around 50 mph off a 3 honk. Were side by side all through second and then I miss third. He puts around 3 buses on me..Bird 2 snake 1..

Well we talked on the phone and agreed that our cars were nearly 100% even..Pretty much who ever gets the jump or rows the gears better may win by a car or so...

Now i know many of you are gonna say HOW COULD A 428 RWHP SNAKE RUN WITH A 473 RWHP BIRD?????

Heres the reason I think it was so close..

1)His 473 rwhp/465rwt is Standard. Standard Im 444rwhp/488rwt

2)my dyno shop is known for giving some what lower numbers compared to the others in our area

3) My car is over 100 pounds lighter due to the heavier 408 engine in the bird, as well he had a 140 pound carmera man

But lets just say He has 30 more rwhp and i have 20 more rwt. That coupled with my car being a solid 100 pounds lighter than his as well as him having a 140 pound camera man let this be a very very close race...

Well like I said this is all my opinion and not the final word. He may feel that he was a 1/2 car ahead in certain races. It was really just that close.
Attached Thumbnails Gen 2 Viper Vs 1 Fast Trans Am Results-dscf0985-small-.jpg  
Old 02-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good races! Can't wait for the vid.

I'de love to run a Viper one day. I was supposed too run a 408 SS a few months ago but the night we planned on meeting up he had an unfortunate accident at the track and totaled his car luckily he was ok. Now he has a bad@$$ T/A, I don't remember the details though

Search this Thread