Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SEA 5 v 03 COBRA

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEA 5 v 03 COBRA

2001 C5 hotcam, corsa exhaust, l/t headers v. 03 cobra upper pulley ford racing exhaust system and tuned

i could tell a long story but long stories are boring watch a video instead

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...82790849097509

i took both of the dig races... and the roll race he caught me at 125ish
Old 02-23-2007, 01:48 PM
TECH Regular

Ok, what was the deal at the end? "This video was completely computer generated?" WTF? Oh, and how is roll racing "ricer-style"?
Old 02-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BlackHoleSunSS
Ok, what was the deal at the end? "This video was completely computer generated?" WTF? Oh, and how is roll racing "ricer-style"?
well roll racing is a way for talentless drivers to race thier cars in my opinion and ask any rice rod to race and they will ask you 20 30 or 45 roll??? it is ricer i hate seeing videos of bad *** cars doing nothing but roll racing... i take it your a roll racer?

as far as the video editing i didn't edit it or insert ne of that my boy did... and the police in our area troll the local boards and try and track down cars so we mock them...
Old 02-23-2007, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lwsprtn11
well roll racing is a way for talentless drivers to race thier cars in my opinion and ask any rice rod to race and they will ask you 20 30 or 45 roll??? it is ricer i hate seeing videos of bad *** cars doing nothing but roll racing... i take it your a roll racer?
Roll or from a dig,whatevers available It's all good.
are you one of those people that also say using nitrous is cheating? Good kill anyways.

Last edited by SmaknaSS; 02-23-2007 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SmaknaSS
Roll or from a dig,whatevers available It's all good.
are you one of those people that also say using nitrous is cheating?

hell no run what you brung and hope you have enough... i told the kid if he beat me if he didn't mind me grabbin my bottle out of the video car lol.. power adders are all good im my book the more the marrier.. i'll accept roll racing when NHRA opens up a roll racing class... if your gonna roll race might as well be on a road course...
Old 02-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Teching In

Nice kills and death. Your car is pretty quick.

Roll or dig doesn't matter. Like SmacknaSS said, whatever is available. He was obviously having traction problems off the line. That's why he wanted to try you from a roll. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by PWORLDSTANG
Nice kills and death. Your car is pretty quick.

Roll or dig doesn't matter. Like SmacknaSS said, whatever is available. He was obviously having traction problems off the line. That's why he wanted to try you from a roll. Nothing wrong with that.
actually i told him hey on our way back do you want to get your win.. i'll roll you from 40... traction was an issue for both of us... i just didn't try launching hard as hell both times just the first lol... i went from a 3500 launch to a 2250 launch... i didn't check but his buddy said he was running nitto drag radials... im on KDWS

and thanks on the quick car comment... thats my last race next week i'm putting on my patriot heads pulling the hot cam and putting in a custom grind and hookin up my 150 shot... also clutch, flywheel, master, slave, out put shaft and CF driveshaft... then i guess i'll have to get it caged for the track
Old 02-23-2007, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlackHoleSunSS
Oh, and how is roll racing "ricer-style"?
Because that's the main avenue of racing for rice. Where have you been for the last 5 years? Nice kill, nice to see a modded C5 puttin the hammer down.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:39 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What were you shifting at on those runs? Sounds like you were driving the hell out of it...I was impressed. Cobras are nothing to take lightly...
Old 02-23-2007, 05:08 PM
TECH Regular

as far as the video editing i didn't edit it or insert ne of that my boy did... and the police in our area troll the local boards and try and track down cars so we mock them...
So I take it you are the type of racer that uses the traction excuse then huh?

Roll-races pretty much show which car is faster and not the driver. So even if you did beat someone from a dig and you win only due to being a better driver and they obviously have a faster car, then they still have a faster car, period. It sounds like you are the ricer here. For the record, I would much rather run from a dig.

Besides, when anyone (if anyone) posts up about losing to an Evo or STi from a dig, theres always someone that chimes in, "well you would have gotten him from a roll".

Anyway, good kill, your car definitely rolls out!
Old 02-23-2007, 05:17 PM
Teching In

Good runs man

as for style of racing, either way is fine with me, its pretty hard to set up races from a dig where I am at, but roll racing is convenient and easy to get a bunch of quick runs in... I still prefer to go from a dig, but I dont frown upon going from a roll...
Old 02-23-2007, 05:23 PM
11 Second Club

Nice runs. I'm with you, if your gonna race its from a dig and run what ya brung.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that cobra has some serious belt or clutch slippage...lol..

Tom
Old 02-23-2007, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

definately he makes more power. but your aerodynamics win out top end as seen in the first two. and "traction" is a overall car issue that needs to be addressed. No excuses right?

I was impressed when he got even and pulled.

good kills/runs.. nice video/cars.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Racing is fun to me...period...whether it be from a dig or a roll. It doesn't really
matter to me which. I'm prepared for both. It's not always that easy to run from
a dig. What if you're on the highway. Most races I come across are impromptu so
the situation dictates if it's from a roll or a dig.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Cool vid.

Your car definately rolls out. You out drove him in the dig races and the faster car prevailed in the roll fun.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:21 AM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I always like hearing the third honk in races like that...Rush it a little? LOL

Nice races though!

William
Old 02-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Teching In

you say that because you lost and you have the slower car.

now go mod
Old 02-24-2007, 03:44 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Nice runs, too bad traction is so hard to find. Why was the vid shut down as soon as he pulled you? The ricer statement was gay too.

Oh, and ditch the hotcam. Way better cams man.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:59 PM
9 Second Club

good kill and I agree with above^ditch the hotcam quick, I prefer racing from a dig...I enjoy WATCHING roll racing. and the cobra really impressed me from the roll when he caught up and pulled away.