Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

evo owned off the line

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 11:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default evo owned off the line

was out with my friend tonight. he has a 01 trans am with just a lid. we see this nice silver evo with a carbon fiber hood. it sounds pretty badass so we go up next to it and give a jump. after a lil while we get to a light with a nice strip ahead. we tell the dude to go on green. I was thinking we were done for since the evo has AWD. my friend gets a nice launch and rapes this dudes car. we get to another light and same thing. the dude comes up for a third try, this time from a roll. start from like 3rd i think. its even for a few seconds then the evo pulls ahead and starts to slip away. hows he get owned twice from a standing start, then do good from a roll? i thought AWD are awesome from a standing start...?

forgot to add: later on we meet up with the dude at a gas station. he was asian and didnt speak english good at all. he said he had quote "turbo boosted and computer" idk what he actually has as his english sucked really bad.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

probably driver mod, goood kill/death
Old 03-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZeroFear
was out with my friend tonight. he has a 01 trans am with just a lid. we see this nice silver evo with a carbon fiber hood. it sounds pretty badass so we go up next to it and give a jump. after a lil while we get to a light with a nice strip ahead. we tell the dude to go on green. I was thinking we were done for since the evo has AWD. my friend gets a nice launch and rapes this dudes car. we get to another light and same thing. the dude comes up for a third try, this time from a roll. start from like 3rd i think. its even for a few seconds then the evo pulls ahead and starts to slip away. hows he get owned twice from a standing start, then do good from a roll? i thought AWD are awesome from a standing start...?

forgot to add: later on we meet up with the dude at a gas station. he was asian and didnt speak english good at all. he said he had quote "turbo boosted and computer" idk what he actually has as his english sucked really bad.

Its only great off the line if you know how to drive.

Also.. turbo boost and computer doesnt make much sense lol
Old 03-10-2007, 08:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Electric
turbo boost and computer doesnt make much sense lol
My guess is he meant a boost controller and a tune. Good kill, AWDs + Good Driver = Different Results
Old 03-10-2007, 08:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

eh, i always thought awd caused you to never experiance any wheel spin or slip, therefor all you had to do was floor it, while rwd will slid around or spin if you dont have any skills. guess you learn somethin new each day!
Old 03-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Teching In

eh, i always thought awd caused you to never experiance any wheel spin or slip, therefor all you had to do was floor it, while rwd will slid around or spin if you dont have any skills. guess you learn somethin new each day!
Well yeah a near stock or light bolt on EVO wont have any wheelspin off the line just taking off normally. If youre LAUNCHING, thats different.

Here is my friend going off the line the RIGHT WAY. He spins somewhat. 1.6s all day.

http://media.putfile.com/Mike-Launching
Old 03-10-2007, 10:46 AM
TECH Regular

Cause your thinking too hard If he beat you from a roll it means he's got some mods and those stock clutch's suck when your making a decent ammount of power, I bet he bogged on the launch it happens all the time you can't just dump the clutch like everyone would think with an awd.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Teching In

Yea, he probly just didn't know how to launch it yet, it's not as easy as you might think with awd. Most guys tend to just rev the motor and dump the clutch, but you have to slip it, or you will lose all boost and start with nothing.
Nice kills, how fast were you going from the roll?

Last edited by BoOsTeDeAgLe; 03-10-2007 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

ONe of my buddy's brothers had a modded evo and he launched it with me in it one nihgt......needless to say i can tell u right now that launched the right way he wouda *** raped me sideways against my ws6 off the line. If i was into imports i woud dfntly be in either that or a sti!!......driver mod for sure!