Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

STS SS Camaro vs 454rwhp/472rwtq 03 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default STS SS Camaro vs 454rwhp/472rwtq 03 Cobra

Raced my brother last night from about 55 till 110+. He got the jump on me...we started in 3rd gear...b/c of some turbo lag.

My front bumper was even with his rear quarter panel until about 90mph when I started to gain a little ground on him. i shifted into 4th gear around 95 and that's when i reeled him in. When he shifted out of 3rd gear, I was starting to pass him and then basically pulled away quite well once he was in 4th gear still going strong. Had the turbo been well worked out prior to this run, I could have pulled him easily. Typically from 2nd gear rolls, I do fairly well and by 3rd, i pull the guy i'm racing (obviously considering power and such vs me.)

My car is at TRT right now getting some work done to make it more efficient and lag less. I should pull away from him nicely no matter what gear we're in from now on.

At some point next month, I'll have some video for y'all...I know it's well needed in stories like this.

I do have a video of me NA vs him as is...he pulled me like I was standing still. It's amazing what this turbo has done for me .
Old 03-22-2007, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice kill. I love hearing about terminators running ls1's. Especially when they are both boosting. About what rpm level does the turbo start to fully boost? If you don't mind me asking. I am always intersted in hearing about these sts turbo setups.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:23 PM
TECH Resident

If I've run through the gears slightly, I'm pulling full boost by 3k rpms.

If I'm driving normally then down shift, I spool fully around 3500rpms.

I'm getting some stuff done now to get rid of the inconsistancies. I should fully spool now around 3K all the time.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

Sweet. You have one badass ride man. I love the way that the intercooler mean mugs everyone in it's path. ******* beautiful!!!!
Old 03-22-2007, 09:30 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks.

I get quite a few looks on the street. People pass me and then stare in their mirrors or look over their shoulder to make sure they're actually seeing an FI LS1. I get random "thumbs up" from various people...even those you wouldn't think could even care...

I enjoy the attention
Old 03-22-2007, 09:39 PM
Banned

Hell yea man love your ride. Just ordered my front mount today I cant wait. I got some friends in FW I visit like once a month I will hit you up when I get my **** worked out.