Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ran my buddies low 12 evo

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 12:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ran my buddies low 12 evo

last night me and my buddy with an 05 evo mr ran from a roll on the high way. we went from 3rd gear. he was a little bit in front of me,my nose was at his mirror. we both hit it at the same time i jumped in front of him and stayed there till about 140 mph. in the end he was at my door or back tire. he has 3in turbo back exhaust, intake, and a boost controller. he was runnin about 22 pounds of boost. it was pretty fun
Old 03-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Staging Lane

Wow, Im suprised he held with you that good in an '05 with those mods. Sounds like a good race though.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:21 PM
Teching In

So you guys raced twice? You won one and he won one?...

140 is pretty fast. I would assume he would have the advantage from his turbo making good top end power. Nice kill/death though.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PWORLDSTANG
So you guys raced twice? You won one and he won one?...

140 is pretty fast. I would assume he would have the advantage from his turbo making good top end power. Nice kill/death though.
The Evo having the advantage on the top end??

Its the other way around my freind...
Old 03-26-2007, 12:45 AM
TECH Regular

yes we raced twice but the first race i didnt mention because the car got squirely when i powershifted 4th, so i got out of it. The second race was the one listed above. i got him by half a car. As far as who had the top end advantage i would have to agree with onebadassws6. i would mph him but not my too much. and NIevo, yea i was kind of surprised my self that he stuck with me that well. my car rolls up top. but with you being an evo guy tell me if this makes any sense to you...his evo has 3in turbo back,intake, and 22 psi. another mutual friend of ours has an evo 9 with a turbo trix tune, ams fmic, pump, 22-25 psi, 3in turbo back, intake, and the evo 8 (the one i raced) stayed even with it on the highway?! and no theres nothing wrong with the 9...it went 12.1 at the track, and he can drive. The only thing we can figure is that the 8 is a freak of nature....but in the end ill **** on them both on the highway! lol j/k but the 9 has an exedy clutch now and is getting a 35r put on in a few weeks so now he'll hand me my ***!
Old 03-26-2007, 01:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by twokss
yes we raced twice but the first race i didnt mention because the car got squirely when i powershifted 4th, so i got out of it. The second race was the one listed above. i got him by half a car. As far as who had the top end advantage i would have to agree with onebadassws6. i would mph him but not my too much. and NIevo, yea i was kind of surprised my self that he stuck with me that well. my car rolls up top. but with you being an evo guy tell me if this makes any sense to you...his evo has 3in turbo back,intake, and 22 psi. another mutual friend of ours has an evo 9 with a turbo trix tune, ams fmic, pump, 22-25 psi, 3in turbo back, intake, and the evo 8 (the one i raced) stayed even with it on the highway?! and no theres nothing wrong with the 9...it went 12.1 at the track, and he can drive. The only thing we can figure is that the 8 is a freak of nature....but in the end ill **** on them both on the highway! lol j/k but the 9 has an exedy clutch now and is getting a 35r put on in a few weeks so now he'll hand me my ***!

yea i will agree withy ou, the factory freak evo 8s, are really ******* freaky.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill.

Sounds like the EVO is very strong
Old 03-26-2007, 07:55 AM
Teching In

sounds like the 8 was built on a tuesday, lol. sweet kill.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:08 AM
Teching In

Im shocked he did that well seeing your numbers. Must have been running damn good!
Old 03-26-2007, 09:09 AM
Staging Lane

Well anything can happen its just not the norm. Sounds like he got a factory freak to me. Im kinda in the same boat, my car runs abnormally well for my mods. Ive got basic bolt-ons+cams on the stock turbo and generic mail in flash on the cpu. Normal power output at this level should be around 360-370whp or so. Well at the track I am consistantly trapping 119-120mph which indicates Im putting out around 400whp!!
Old 03-26-2007, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NIevo
Well anything can happen its just not the norm. Sounds like he got a factory freak to me. Im kinda in the same boat, my car runs abnormally well for my mods. Ive got basic bolt-ons+cams on the stock turbo and generic mail in flash on the cpu. Normal power output at this level should be around 360-370whp or so. Well at the track I am consistantly trapping 119-120mph which indicates Im putting out around 400whp!!

IF your anything like the FF evo i know, your probally puttin down a lil under 380, but with 450AWTQ
Old 03-26-2007, 02:14 PM
TECH Regular

yea my friends 8 is strong as hell. im dying to see what my friends 9 will do with the new exedy clutch and 35r. its gonna be a monster.!!
Old 03-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Teching In

yea my friends 8 is strong as hell. im dying to see what my friends 9 will do with the new exedy clutch and 35r. its gonna be a monster.!!
Hey where is Mullica Hills? I've never even heard of it and Ive lived in NJ my whole life!
Old 03-26-2007, 07:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Electric
Hey where is Mullica Hills? I've never even heard of it and Ive lived in NJ my whole life!
south jersey...15 mins from the delaware memorial bridge. kinda far south
Old 03-28-2007, 12:54 AM
TECH Regular

didnt have any problem beating a potentially low 12 second evo...but yet the best i could pull at the track was a 13.2@109 at atco today...lol wtf
Old 03-28-2007, 01:11 AM
Teching In

last night me and my buddy with an 05 evo mr ran from a roll on the high way. we went from 3rd gear. he was a little bit in front of me,my nose was at his mirror. we both hit it at the same time i jumped in front of him and stayed there till about 140 mph. in the end he was at my door or back tire. he has 3in turbo back exhaust, intake, and a boost controller. he was runnin about 22 pounds of boost. it was pretty fun
Nice kill, sounds like a great race, I've only had 2 that turned out like that... a foxbody and a stealth rt, those races that are side by side seem like they never end huh?
Old 03-28-2007, 01:41 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BoOsTeDeAgLe
Nice kill, sounds like a great race, I've only had 2 that turned out like that... a foxbody and a stealth rt, those races that are side by side seem like they never end huh?
haha yea... the car felt like it was going to pull forever...