Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Nissan

So my friend and I were heading to daytona a couple days ago. As I'm turning onto 92 I see a two-tone black and silver nissan 240 with a mild fart can. I catch up to him and wait for him to get on it. We were going from a 65 roll which is stupid but I'll take what I can get. He gets on it and so do I. We were even up to about 95. I let off at 120 about 2-3 lengths behind him. I caught the next redlight with him, gave the thumbs up and asked him what was done to it. He told my friend and I his motor was "fully built" and he had a "big *** turbo". When the light turned green he took off like a hardass and I heard a turbo but I doubt it was a "big *** turbo". If he's telling the truth about his motor and turbo then I'm not impressed by the car. I don't really give a rats *** about imports anyway. I heard from one of my friends he has at least 8 grand under the hood. I was in my caprice.

I'll be looking for him on the weekends when I take the T/A out.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh man good story and nice kill, what numbers are u making on The Tank
Old 03-28-2007, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Daytona is loaded with rice. There are some fast ones too though.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:44 PM
11 Second Club

didnt know a T3/t4 was considered a "big *** turbo" no a days

Good kill
Old 03-29-2007, 09:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
didnt know a T3/t4 was considered a "big *** turbo" no a days

Good kill
I was watching the Speed channel lastnight and they tried putting a T3/T4 in a Jetta and it was too big to fit between the firewall and motor. So I guess it could be considered a "big" turbo.

I agree though. I don't consider any turbo big till it gets in the GT30 or bigger class. If I can stick my fist into the inlet housing, then it's BIG.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
I was watching the Speed channel lastnight and they tried putting a T3/T4 in a Jetta and it was too big to fit between the firewall and motor. So I guess it could be considered a "big" turbo.

I agree though. I don't consider any turbo big till it gets in the GT30 or bigger class. If I can stick my fist into the inlet housing, then it's BIG.
What kind of Jetta??

Because both MK4 Jettas and Golf/GTI's have a ton of room between the motor and the firewall. If the cowl wasn't there you could practically stand behind the engine