Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me vs. couple cars

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 10:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me vs. couple cars

I was out cruising around with a friend of mine who has a modded Mazda Mx6(run's about 14.0). So we roll up to a mid 90's eclipse turbo. The first thing he says to us is how bad his turbo is leaking and that he's selling his car to buy a Z28 LOL. Later to tell our buddy in his turbo Golf that he's just gonna buy a bigger turbo, so apparently he was just trying to impress us mullets.

Anyways the eclipse takes off from the stop light and I basically just half throttle it next to him through a couple gears and he has black smoke rolling out of his fart can. So we harass him for a few minutes and go on to try to find some more **** to kill.

Well after our search is unsuccessful, we decide to just race each other. His car is a 95' Mazda MX6 5-speed, Runs about 14.0 @ 99-100 mph. We raced from a 25 mph roll and I beat him by about 3 cars up to 75 with very limited traction. We raced from about a 50 roll and I just pulled away pretty easily. From a 55ish roll I started in 3rd(should of been in 2nd) and he was able to stay with me for about 2 seconds before I pulled away quickly.

As soon as we got into his car all the cars seemed to flock to us. Including a supposed 330 rwhp LT1 car, that definately did not seem like 330 rwhp to me. Well we raced this car in his mx6 kinda, cept we missed 3rd and the LT1 turned off. We were holding it back pretty good through 1st and 2nd.

We raced a 5-speed foxbody in his car as well and easily pulled it through all the gears. I can never seem to find any cars worth racing when i'm in my Ls1. I raced a 96ish mustang GT and I couldn't even really tell if he was racing or not til he gave me a fly-by after I let out. So that was a waste of gas.

By the way my car is a stock 2001 SS 6-speed.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:54 PM
Teching In

I know how you feel man, every time I see a car worth running I'm either in my POS truck or traffic is too heavy to run em. It seems like when I take my T/A out everyone is out of town or somethin. haha, oh well, keep tryin I guess
Old 04-03-2007, 08:48 AM
Launching!

The LS1 has a strong rep. People get all intimidated and afraid to loose, which is BS.