Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My 01 ss vs 98-02 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 07:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 01 ss vs 98-02 Z28

I was just cruising around enjoying my somewhat newly purchased SS, when I see a pewter z28 getting off the interstate. Well I speed up a little bit to catch up to him and got next to him and downshifted into 2nd. He looked pretty uninterested and kept looking straight forward.

So I figure he doesn't want to race...well we get next to each other at a stop light and I looked over at him and still he just looked mad and straight forward. Well the light turns green and I take off normal and so does he, I stayed in first until about 20 just in case he tried to race, well somewhere between 15-20 mph he gets on it and so do I.

Starting out we both had some traction issues, but when I shifted into 2nd I started to pull slightly. Throughout 2nd I was barely pulling, all through 3rd I was pulling a bit harder and at the end of third he was at my bumper. The next stop light he turned off and gave me a thumbs up. Pretty fun race, and my first race against another LS1.

From what I could tell he had exhaust, and an A4.

Still haven't lost yet, and i'm getting ready to buy a new lid and some exhaust, as well as new rims and tires...I need some traction.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:24 PM
11 Second Club

Good kill, M6's allways seem to have the upper hand in most cases, unless the A4 is stalled, or geared.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:20 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by crazylane
Good kill, M6's allways seem to have the upper hand in most cases, unless the A4 is stalled, or geared.
Yeah i can't wait until my friends 94 camaro with an LS1 swap gets back on the road(rebuilding tranny), i'm curious how i'd do against him. He's got full bolt-ons basically. A4.