Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

WS6 v. Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 04:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default WS6 v. Camaro SS

Well it had to happen sooner or later this year. I got beat. I'm driving home from work on the 605 going north. I see a Black Camaro SS, with the optional exhaust sytem (The one that goes in the middle). It looked to me like he had wider tires on it, and it definitely didn't sound stock (Dunno how much power that additional exhaust adds, or what it sounds like, for that matter).

Anyways, the guy is pacing me. At first I didn't wanna bite, cause there was traffic all over the place. We both went onto the 210 freeway, going west. I'm about to go into the left lane, he goes in front of me, quickly, and then slows down. I was like, WTF. He immediately downshifts, and guns it. I see alot of black smoke come out of the back of his car (The car was running extremely rich from what I could tell). Anyways, I downshift to 4th, gun it, and follow in pursuit. Through the top of 4th I start reeling him in. I granny shift into 5th (I ******* hate shifting to 5th and 6th gear). I thought i'd start catching up, but then this car just starts to pull away, which is odd, cause I was reeling him in originally quite quickly. Anyways, i'm thinking he might have nitrous, as he was losing ground, and then his car just started leaving me quite quickly (Well that and the part about him running rich). I could be wrong though, and maybe he has a cam that doesn't make power till into it's higher rpm range. Anyways, he put a good car length on me, and I decelerated for the corner, realizing I was defeated. I think he wanted to run me again, but I was soo tired I could barely even tense up for the race.

Nice car nonetheless. Definitely faster then my bird.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who knows... maybe he was turbo'd. good death tho and your car's NOT slow!
Old 04-16-2007, 06:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice death Demon.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

nice death man, just wondering tho are those numbers in your sig with the LS6 cam? and are you tuned? and do you have headers or the stock manifolds?
Old 04-16-2007, 07:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The car is tuned, and it was tuned with the LS6 cam. I have the stock manifold on the car.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice death