Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 kills last night... well some what

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 kills last night... well some what

The thing to do around me on a nice weekend night is hang out at the local Sheetz gas station if you have a car or bike. I met a few cool guys up there a few weekends ago, 1 has a stock 91 Z28, one has a 97 Stang GT with exhaust, cold air intake and lowered and there is another guy with a 5.0 GT. I ran the 97 Gt a few weeks ago and posted the kill story on here.

Anyway we got kicked out of the Sheetz by the local police so we went to another Sheetz in another town. As soon as we pulled in and got out of our cars this guy goes who wants to race the turbo Volvo ( don't know the model or anything ), it wants to eat a Camaro. Another guy there who knows this cocky kid tells me it makes about 300 horse or so at full boost but I didn't feel like running him with the way my luck has been lately so I talk the guy with the 97 GT into runing him. I had to follow though and watch. They lined them up and it was on with me behind the Volvo and I decided to play along too. I left them get ahead of me a little and punched it and immediately started pulling them in. I got into forth gear and almost bumper kissed the Volvo who was side by side with the Stang. I had to get out of the throttle or I would have rear ended him. I couldn't go around them because there was nowhere to go. When we got back to the gas station I guess the kid in the Volvo told everyone else I was " pushing " him along. It's good to see he lost his my turbo Volvo is awesome and can kill your Camaro attitude. Shortly after we got kicked out by the police there. Then it was back to the first Sheetz.

So we get back there and some ricers come in. They pop their hoods and I send the kid with the 97 GT over to check out what they got under there and get him to see if they want to run him, he is always up for a race. A kid with a Focus that supposedly " only " has full exhaust and a intake says he will run him so they check under each others hoods. Once again I have to see this race so me and 2 other cars follow to the highway. I get behind the focus and at about a 30 roll they hit it and a few seconds later I hit it too with a SRT4 next to me. I play catch up again and am right on the *** of the Focus who is starting to pull past the Stang until he gives the hazards so I get out of it. At this point I know there is more done to the Focus then just a intake and full exhaust so I have to put him in check. I switch lanes and flash my headlight to my buddy in the Stang to get out of our way so he speeds off and we slow it down. We both downshift into second and the guy in the focus hits the horn 3 times and I punch it as soon as he does. I immediately jumped out in front powershifting into third and not looking back. I got out of it when my shift light came on. After that it was back to Sheetz. The guy in the passenger seat of the Focus was videotaping it all and got video of me on his *** and our race. When we got back to Sheetz and I walked up to the guy with the Focus and Stang the guy who was taping ask who was in the IROC. They never saw my car in the lot and didn't know where I came from. Then it came out that the Focus was supercharged. I supposedly gave him his first death. There was also a $20 bet on the race between the Stang and Focus. I should have bet too. All in all it was a fun night.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:33 PM
12 Second Club

good to see another 3rd gen ls1 owning the hell out of people.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:24 AM
Teching In

Thanks, it's fun isn't it ? Nobody expects it when it happens. I usually get stupid people acting as they are, stupid. A good exzample is people in mini vans around my area. They block the passing lane and won't get out of the way. Then if you switch lanes to pass them they speed up so you can't pass them. Sometimes it works for them if I am in my Jeep but in the Camaro I don't even have to downshift.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice kills
Old 04-22-2007, 08:28 AM
12 Second Club

haha yes. a wolf in sheeps clothings.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:39 PM
TECH Regular

I can't wait to put ionsurance on my 87 T/A! Ls1/t56!