Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

01 trans am vs. 04 roush then 06 viper within 5 min.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 trans am vs. 04 roush then 06 viper within 5 min.

long read but still cant wipe the grin off my face two kick *** street runs that i never get in, in one day 5 minutes apart...hahaha...soo im leaving the gym today as i pull out i see a 02-04 mustang roush edition vert. top off, coming towards me on 2 lane road.. sooo i slowly ease out on the road in the lane next to where the roush will be in a couple seconds. as i let it go by the car sounds bad *** under eng. braking..but i noticed it was a 40some yr old chick .. we come to traffic but my house is the next right and she has her left blinker on ...buuut since i dont see roushes to often & shes turning onto a 2 lane road, iiiiii decided to follow ... followed for a couple mi. in traffic get next to her a couple times reving braking , u know let her i know i wanna play.. finally after 5 mi. aand several lights in traffic we catch a last sec red just as i was giveng up about to turn ...haha i love that **** ..lol intersec. was briggsmore where orangeburg turns into sisk lol the whole time theres a f__n hatchback with the loudest f__n system on our *** bugin the hell outa both me and her) so im in 1st on green i got a little anxious and screeched the dr's a tad she was already movin but when she heard that she hit it and so did i...had a hare on her from the start but shiftin into 2nd hard at about 6200 saw her tail in the rear view..prolly 3/4 car or so ran it in 2nd up to about 70 let off for a curve look and shes still tryin dammit shes at my door now im still in 2nd hit it she gets about 3/4 car on me as i take it almost to redline and hit 3rd she stays about 3/4 car ahead till 100 or so and shut it down for traffic...sooo now im about 10 miles from home when the gym was less than a mile ..lol so im not to worried about those roushes anymore. granted it was a girl driving , u can tell what they got when you both have your feet to the floor... they still sound bad *** though...good racing.... so im on my way back home not expecting anything in 5 0'clock traffic but like always take the slightly longer more populated route and about a 1/4 mi from home what do i see a 05 or newer (fireside plates) blue with white stripes VIPER SRT10!!! bad ***. and hes taking my turn onto a 2 lane road i quickly catch up after gettin around some traffic and pull up next to him in the left lane at the light im supposed to make a right at then its only 1 block to my house buut I rev at the guy at the light his windows are up and he does'nt wanna look..j/a so on green were in traffic but i speed up and slow down a couple times (n-case he didnt hear the rev) to let him know wassup ...hes not lookin or playin so i speed up alittle in a break in traffic and eventually he starts to follow, hangin behind though.. i wanna go left to get a run on another 2 laner and he follows,sweet! so hes behind me ,some traffic ahead but im goin slow drag it out to 4000 in ist then up to 3000 or so in 2nd at like 35 in a 45 and he still hangs back. the lane next to me is open but he doesnt pull around. dammit!!!!so i change lanes and slow more he starts to get next to me and i start to pace him just then LAST SEC. RED LIGHT were both n front awesome!!! never thought id get a chance at a viper when i woke up this mourning, or ever...so im manually in 1st, tcs off ready to go! on green i dont jump not wanting to spin to much , but as i get to about 20 still in 1st i noticed hes not goin.......yet!!! . . . . b-4 i continue i think this panzi asses intentions were, because he knows i wanna race he was gonna give me a headstart then blow past me in his 70,000 dollar viper he just bought !!! i dont think he will underestemate an ls1 trans am again CUZ what really happened is, i heard him hit it from about 20feet back (sounds like a friggin freight train at wot) im still in 1st at about a 25 roll on dr's when i go wot he gets his door aallmmoosstt to mine and i stop his pull near redline in 1st (trans go manual valve body) i put it in 2nd as i expect him to blow past, look over and see AND HEAR him row it into 3rd as he stays right there juuuusst a little behind us being dead even!!! he holds 3rd out for a few seconds then has to let off due to a car coming up in his lane hahaha dam that was fun then as i slow way down im trying to give a thumbs up or good race or something and he does'nt even glance my way , window still up now i know he should have pulled me pretty good, he might need the driver mod with the new car and all, it just seemed to have really short gearing it seemd like my stalled auto was much quicker at shifting and has less shifting to do...in gear i could tell that thing pulled it seemed it would pull a couple feet on me in gear then he would have to shift and lose a couple feet whent thru the 1-2 and 2-3 right next to my open window @ wot!!! f__ing fun *** hell, wish he was cooler about losing though..haha
Old 04-24-2007, 03:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice runs.....

A few more seconds and that viper should of unleashed a nasty fly by on you. I'm sure the viper wont underestimate an T/A again
Old 04-24-2007, 03:34 AM
Launching!

Kills a kill man. When i first bought my viper i was runnin 13.2 with my gtech..Just spinnin like crazy or scared to really get on it under 40 mph..

Si I can defiently see a well driven auto LS1 pullin a new Viper owner..

Now both in third gear at 75 mph and my moneys on the viper no matter who's driving
Old 04-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Teching In

doesnt really make sense that he was shifting a lot or seemed to have shorter gearing than you, maybe he was short shifting it and afraid of spinning? I thought that they were geared fairly tall, like first gear takes them a hair past 60?

But way to stay ahead of a viper!
Old 04-24-2007, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by SSmokinClone
doesnt really make sense that he was shifting a lot or seemed to have shorter gearing than you, maybe he was short shifting it and afraid of spinning? I thought that they were geared fairly tall, like first gear takes them a hair past 60?
Guy had to be short shifting or this is BS.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

New edge roush's aren't the greatest....they are ~360 HP...low 300s dyno'd...plus stock 3.27s and weight......not surprised you beat her.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:57 PM
Banned

That **** was so ******* hard to read HOLY ****.

Nice...kills or stabbings, **** i dont know anymore.