Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 different races...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 08:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 different races...

Well I was out cruising around today enjoying the weather w/ my t-tops off, when I get next to a blue civic w/ white stripes, some jap decal, and an enormous fart can.

Well as we sit here waiting for the light, I hear him revving the **** outta his car getting ready to launch...so the light turns green, he spins his tires and goes pretty much nowhere. All I do is take off normally at first then I punch it and go by him like he hit his brakes, shifted into second and he was about...well he was a long way back I'll just say that much lol. But that's not the funny part of the story.

We get up to the next stop light and he goes "DAMN that thing is fast as hell, what does it run in the 1/4?" I said "I haven't taken it to the 1/4 yet, but i'd say somewhere from low to mid 13's." He was like "There's no way, I went to the track and I ran a 10.82." I was like WTF? Then i was thinking about it and the only track within an hour of here is Charleston 1/8 mile LOL. Dumbass ricer.

Next race was against a 96-98 cobra 5-speed, an older guy probably in his 50's rolled up next to me at a stop light and gave me a rev and started smiling. He started to rev his car up for a launch, so I figured he's faster than the civic so I better launch as well. I launched pretty good from about 2500 with just some squeelage, and I instantly pulled on him about half a car through 1st. Into 2nd I started to pull away a little bit more and by this time he was at my bumper, by the time I hit 3rd he started really dropping back and by about 90 he was about 2.5 cars back.

We came up to a stop sign and he asked me what I had done, I said just a lid and exhaust. He said he had headers, bassani exhaust, cai and a short shifter. We complimented each other's cars and we were on our way.

Overall, a very fun day for a Thursday
Old 05-10-2007, 08:10 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Nice kill, after you told him your mods, his story should have been. " I have .......... been bitch slapped by and LS1.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Nice kill, after you told him your mods, his story should have been. " I have .......... been bitch slapped by and LS1.
after watchin your video your car seems like it would be one intense ride.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha, great story. Nice kills.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:03 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
after watchin your video your car seems like it would be one intense ride.

Thank you sir! Its pretty quick.

Last edited by JayplaySS; 05-11-2007 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:21 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Haha, great story. Nice kills.

Yeah it was a pretty fun day, I'm sure I'll have some more stories on Saturday