Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Texas Speed & Performance VS LG Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 08:58 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas Speed & Performance VS LG Motorsports

Ran my buddies LG Motorsports C6 6spd with G5X3cam/LTs 430+rwhp with my TSP C5 H/C (MS3)/LTs 460+rwhp. We ran at least 7 -10 times back to back, b/c he kept making excuses. 1st run we go from 70mph: win: C5 – 1 ½ car lead to 140. 2nd run we go from 60: win: C5 1 ½ lead to 130mph. 3rd run we go from 40: win: C5 ½ car lead to 70. 4th run we go from a dig: win: C5 ½ car lead to 60. 5th run: C6 gets ½ car and the move. Dead even to the middle of 4th, top of 4th, C5 inches a fender. 6th run: C6 gets a car and move. Top of 4th – Dead even. 7th run C6 gets ½ car and move – Dead even in 3rd. Overall good runs even though my buddy kept making excuses to get a win, but on that day and time, his C6 was outgunned. I can't wait to run him again when he does his heads.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:07 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Races from a roll is a weight to hp ratio calculation, if you have 30 more and similar weight, I would expect you to win. The 4th race from a dig who races 0-60.... I know import mags celebrate 0-60 times all the time... but come on, at least race to 120 which should be the 1/4 trap speed.

Over all for the later races it seems to be a driver's race, who can shift better. Races from a roll take alot of error out of the equation such as launching the car and shifting,.

Its good you beat him that many times, get some track times with your buddy because I was in a similar situation with a H/C 02 z28, from a stop my mods in the sig beat his 405 rwhp m6 10 bolt (3.73) gears from a stop. From a roll he murdered me, I make maybe 340 rwhp but I can drive and the car doesnt spin. We went to the track, I was 12.8 best to his 13.4 (he cant launch the car, street tires), but for a long time before the track day, he wast 99% certain he would beat me, that didnt happen.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Teching In

Cannibalism at it's best!!
Old 05-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Races from a roll is a weight to hp ratio calculation, if you have 30 more and similar weight, I would expect you to win. The 4th race from a dig who races 0-60.... I know import mags celebrate 0-60 times all the time... but come on, at least race to 120 which should be the 1/4 trap speed.

Over all for the later races it seems to be a driver's race, who can shift better. Races from a roll take alot of error out of the equation such as launching the car and shifting,.

Its good you beat him that many times, get some track times with your buddy because I was in a similar situation with a H/C 02 z28, from a stop my mods in the sig beat his 405 rwhp m6 10 bolt (3.73) gears from a stop. From a roll he murdered me, I make maybe 340 rwhp but I can drive and the car doesnt spin. We went to the track, I was 12.8 best to his 13.4 (he cant launch the car, street tires), but for a long time before the track day, he wast 99% certain he would beat me, that didnt happen.
We were on the street and I usually don’t run from stops on the street b/c there is more of a risk in getting caught, b/c of tire screeching, etc. But since I was out ahead of him and I knew he wasn’t going to come back on me, there was no point in going up to 100 or over 100 and run a greater risk of getting caught, so I played it safe and just let out.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Banned

Your buddy in the H/C z28 should be going low - mid 12s.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:44 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by c5_ls1_6spd
Your buddy in the H/C z28 should be going low - mid 12s.
I know, there is more to a race then rwhp, suspenion, weight, driver mod are also included. Not everyone is a great driver
Old 05-07-2007, 10:05 AM
Banned

I know, there is more to a race then rwhp, suspenion, weight, driver mod are also included. Not everyone is a great driver

I agree, but I don't see what relevance you are trying imply with regards to my run with my buddy when we went from a dig.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

good kill. I would expect a heads/cam car to beat a similar cam only car.
which heads is he going with?
Old 05-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Internet Mechanic

A race from a roll is not a true race, I dont think any sanctioned track measures 1/4 time by a 30 roll.

Being that said, I am not trying to break your ***** and if you dont have a 1/4 or even 1/8th mile track with in a 150 miles, My apologieze. I myself have to drive 2 hours and 100 mi one way to race and I am in the north east.

You proved that for most of the races 3rd to 4th and possibly 5th gear races you can edge him a car and a half to a fender. With your heads cam car against his larger displacement cam only car, similar weight (i assume), the only race that seemed interesting was the dead stop one, thats the one where there is more involved then just power and weight.

If you can run 70-140mph then you have to have enough room to do 0-120 and if you race 7 times, and not had the cops called then your more then ok to do the dead stop race even on the free way, late enough and on a straight enough stretch, you can do it.

I am willing to wager if the other drive can drive stick well, I would say he could win but from a roll you beating due to 30 rwhp.

I felt like I was beating you up and im sorry. I am really interested in what the cars can really do from start to finish, not 1/8 mile to the 1/4
Old 05-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Banned

A race from a roll is not a true race, I dont think any sanctioned track measures 1/4 time by a 30 roll.

Being that said, I am not trying to break your ***** and if you dont have a 1/4 or even 1/8th mile track with in a 150 miles, My apologieze. I myself have to drive 2 hours and 100 mi one way to race and I am in the north east.

You proved that for most of the races 3rd to 4th and possibly 5th gear races you can edge him a car and a half to a fender. With your heads cam car against his larger displacement cam only car, similar weight (i assume), the only race that seemed interesting was the dead stop one, thats the one where there is more involved then just power and weight.

If you can run 70-140mph then you have to have enough room to do 0-120 and if you race 7 times, and not had the cops called then your more then ok to do the dead stop race even on the free way, late enough and on a straight enough stretch, you can do it.

I am willing to wager if the other drive can drive stick well, I would say he could win but from a roll you beating due to 30 rwhp.

I felt like I was beating you up and im sorry. I am really interested in what the cars can really do from start to finish, not 1/8 mile to the 1/4
He cannot beat me from a stop. we're about equal in driving skill and i can get my power to the ground just as effectivle as he can. No, I do not do stop runs on the highway.

Last edited by c5_ls1_6spd; 05-07-2007 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Launching!

Nice runs. Classic match too. I remember a lot of threads about the MS3 versus the G5X3.

Good kills!
Old 05-10-2007, 09:13 AM
Banned

I can't wait until I upgrade to milled TFS 215cc heads and flycutted pistons. I'll do that once he gets his heads. He's looking at AFRs.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sparetire
Nice runs. Classic match too. I remember a lot of threads about the MS3 versus the G5X3.

Good kills!
Yes a classic race but not an even race due to the c5 having stock heads. Both cams are great, but I feel the g5x3 cam car would've won with a set of aftermarket heads, or if the other car didn't have heads and the race would've been 2 cam only cars. At any cost win with modesty, and lose with dignity. There's always tomorrow and you can always race again. Now go get a set of heads. Afr 205's milled to 59 cc should put you out in front of the c5. Good luck on the next runs after heads are installed. Don't forget to get the larger valves installed.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 30th t/a
good kill. I would expect a heads/cam car to beat a similar cam only car.
which heads is he going with?
My thoughts exactly +1