Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Double Kill on a couple of AWD cars.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 05:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Double Kill on a couple of AWD cars.

So..last night, roughly 12am. I leave my womans house...hop on the nearby highway...and set my normal pace, when I'm trying to get somewhere kinda quick. I call it my freighttrain mode. Nothing stopping me,....no nothing, just drive,...and get there asap.

Soo...as I am on the highway...I amcoming up to another highway....which I need to enter. It has a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG elevated banked turn, with some angle on it. Roughly for my car, I could take it in 4th gear,..modulating the throttle, at maybe 100-110mph. 90 can be scary, 100 plus is like woe(295's in front, 335's in rear, coilovers). (to give you an idea).

Anways. I am getting inthe lane to merge onto that corner..and I see a red EVO(late model, a VIIIIIII or whatever)..spoiler, etc. Fat pipe muffler. So, I lightly buzz him,..I think I passed him in 4th,...maybe around 4K rpm's...very loud. He didn't pay me any attention. I picked up my speed a lil,..went into the corner HOT,...and took it like a champ. For some reason,....something told me(honestly),...that this evo would be back.

Sure enough, after I exited the corner,..and onto the other highway,..I slowed, very much...to about 70-80ish. Sure enough....the HID's pop aroound the corner...and he starts to come up on my driver side, two lanes away,..rather quick. He stayed kinda back there for a minute(maybe 20 seconds)......I went back to 4th...I could have been in third. I tap the throttle a couple of times...just so he could hear,...that I was somewhat ready. Or, atleast aware of his arrival.

He then, or she, for that matter,....from a car and a half back, starts to get a slow jump on me,...I buck the throttle a couple of times,..each time, ...my speed increases just a little... he then mashes it,...so did I. For a moment,...or, most of 4th gear, we were nearly side by side,...my car, only pulling maybe a car ,...maybe a car and a half on him, in 4th. I BANG 5th.... and, nicely,....put about two city buses on him. Must of been 160+ when I shut down the hyperdrive. I slowed...he faded more and more back...I gave one HAZZARD flash, just one,...and he did the same.

Evo, done.

Next.

Only about 1 minute apart,...I was already back in freight train mode... and sure enough,..something ahead looked like more then just another car,,...it was a CLEVELAND BROWN ORANGE(GO BROWNS!!!!!) AUDI RS4(thats the V8 tt one right?,...it was the V8 version). It had TEMP tags on it,... and I gotta say, I was digging the ride. I even slowed, slightly, just to take a look at it. Ofcourse, as I pulled along his driver side,...I was again, HUMMIN in 4th gear. He looked over, right away. He downshifted,...and HOPPEd the car a couple of times. lol. I was like, alright. I'm down dude, ....

...he finally goes, after the third hop...I take off,...and completely raped this car. I had a bus on him in 4th,...and about 50 yards on him when I was in 5th. He flashed me once....and,...well, that was it.

Cool car.

Then,...yeah, it ain't over yet *******. then, maybe, 5 minutes, later, as I am about to get on ANOTHER highway, with ANOTHER HIGH BANKED,, elevated swooping dup hill, down hill corner...I notice, coming up fast, a pair of HID's. I though it was the evo. Nope,..the audi cam back for more.

So,..him being an audi,..me being a vette...I went into C5R mode,..while he was probably in audi R8(le mans killers) mode. I didn't wait for him to pull up, I just downshifted,..and took the long corner, again,..NASTY. I left him really bad. Even though I couldn't go anywhere near BOOST in these corners. I still left him. at the end of the corner.... I again, waited for him.

I slowed, to 3rd gear this time,...since I thought a proper showing was in order for his persistence.

3rd gear, ..he rolls right next to me,..and goes. He got a fender out,...and well,...it was pretty much the exact same outcome, without having to crush 5th.

He flashed me several times, as I exited the highway. And, that was it.

What I forgot to mention above,...when I left my girls house,...she texted me,..saying" drive SAFE baby,....call me when you get home" ..I managed to write back ""alright" ....and then, right there, I got into the race with the EVO.

She wrote back,..."yeah fright, drive safe my ***,..I can hear you"

I was more then two miles away.

Now that, is some ****.

Peace out ya'll.

J
Old 10-04-2007, 05:42 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Damn fine kills man. I really need to drive around more.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Damn fine kills man. I really need to drive around more.

lol. thank you sir.

We should go out for a cruise sometime man. My car, honestly needs big injectors(i am gettingtired of writing that)....soo, I don't really wanna race any nasty cars at the moment....but,..i'm down for some go pedding sometime. you should come out to tower shops on friday bro. I'm gonna most likely go....
Old 10-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my god is your car sic. very, VERY wicked FRC.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by vetteJR
my god is your car sic. very, VERY wicked FRC.

Thanks alot man. Means alot.

The car, although I thought it looked good in the pic's in my sig too....looks and sounds ALOT different now.

I have new wheels, PROFILE 5s(18x10.5 and 18x12.5) thanks to black bullet,...which, I had to mini tub the car for. I also did the font screen mod....which, I think looks dope. I also added the Z06 brake ducts. Various motor mods where done as well. The dyno video, which I think I have in my sig, was the first pull on 7psi, with 42lb injectors, and the first vid we could do without the belt popping off or derailing. I have since then went through multiple belts,...and ended up with a USED A&A blower bracket.

I need to do a couple of things, to clean some stuff up under the hood but,.....I'll try and get some NEW picturees of the car up. Just, hard to make time....and since, I have to rely on someone else to take, and make the pic's..it ain't easy.

anyways,...thank you very much for the props lil dawg.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Dude, your kill stories are freakin' hillarious! The little details all make the story that much better.

You are right, the RS4 is sporting a 4.2 liter Direct Injection V8 that pushes 420 crank horses in stock form. It redlines at a hyperkinetic 8,200 thanks to the quad cam setup and they have a nice fat and flat torque curve. Too bad they lose so much power through their quattro all-wheel drivetrain. They are definitely respectable cars, tear up a circuit for sure.

I'm happy that you could have your ALMS moment there. Now get those injectors and start picking on some S7's, DB9's, Carerra GT's, and F430's!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by hoss 2000 z-28
Dude, your kill stories are freakin' hillarious! The little details all make the story that much better.

You are right, the RS4 is sporting a 4.2 liter Direct Injection V8 that pushes 420 crank horses in stock form. It redlines at a hyperkinetic 8,200 thanks to the quad cam setup and they have a nice fat and flat torque curve. Too bad they lose so much power through their quattro all-wheel drivetrain. They are definitely respectable cars, tear up a circuit for sure.

I'm happy that you could have your ALMS moment there. Now get those injectors and start picking on some S7's, DB9's, Carerra GT's, and F430's!!!

He can handle those with the small squirters.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Launching!

Yeah the RS4s are cool and all, but they also come in at like 3800LBs now. He really must not have known what he was getting into.

Good kills man.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
lol. thank you sir.

We should go out for a cruise sometime man. My car, honestly needs big injectors(i am gettingtired of writing that)....soo, I don't really wanna race any nasty cars at the moment....but,..i'm down for some go pedding sometime. you should come out to tower shops on friday bro. I'm gonna most likely go....

I know bro, Im gonna chip in for your injectors.

I just finished my clutch install last week...or the one before....I forget.
I just put 225 miles on a 500 mile break in so I WILL be cruising through there tomorrow (adding miles). Where are you gonna be? I see the Ford guys and I think the GM guys are near the center? I'll keep an eye out for your white monster.
I cant speed shift and you cant run above 6K, what a boring race that would be.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by hoss 2000 z-28

lol.

i'm on it man.

By my wheel hp, and my weight/aero....those cars are actually easy. I wanna race a carrear GT REALLY bad though,...cause one of them tried my buddy, in his stock vette(which happens to be a SW Z06). So, i'm waiting for that moment to return his cockyness....and re-humble him.

thanks for the insight on the audi.....and thanks for reading man.

J
Old 10-05-2007, 03:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

.....as can you.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sparetire
Yeah the RS4s are cool and all, but they also come in at like 3800LBs now. He really must not have known what he was getting into.

Good kills man.

thanks. I realy was digging the car. It just looked like a really nice car to drive all the time, ya know. Classy,...sporty...possibly fast. Speaking of which, ...i'm sure somebody does, like champion or somebody but, is there ANY *fast RS4's out there? I know we've got fast S4's down here, trapping 125+ on stock bottem ends....there has gotta be something in the v8's i'd imagine...

i wasn't impressed with it's performance....but, he was kinda out classed.

Thanks again G.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

I know bro, Im gonna chip in for your injectors.

I just finished my clutch install last week...or the one before....I forget.
I just put 225 miles on a 500 mile break in so I WILL be cruising through there tomorrow (adding miles). Where are you gonna be? I see the Ford guys and I think the GM guys are near the center? I'll keep an eye out for your white monster.
I cant speed shift and you cant run above 6K, what a boring race that would be.

sweet.

I do, take it to 6500 rpm, on occasion. I have actually raced, and beat two all motor C5's, with built tranny's, and gears. I just never posted about it cause, it was a straight up FUN time, and, well,...they're my friends. one makes I believe 540, the other makes 560. the lesser power car has 3.90 gears,...he put me on his bumper on the hit(from a roll)....and I was coming up on him, not super fast but, I stopped his pull and was charging forward,...then he shifted,...I didn't have to(3.42's)...and he went to my bumper,.....and I shifted to 5th and kept on pulling.

The other car, had 3.73's,..and he put me on the bumper...and, it was a closer race but, I was clearly pulling on the car. Great times. So, my car runs ok but, IT IS TUNED for more boost. However,..i'm trying to take it easy one the car. I didn't even wanna race those guys, it was just circumstance,..and we were side by side,..ya know.

Anyways,...I have no intensions but to take it easy tonight. I just wanna relax. It's been a long week,...and i'm more then tired at the moment. I even left work early.

If i'm there, you'll see me right behind the mustnag crew, east of them. I end up parking next to a few other vettes, couple of tt cars,...etc. You'll find me on the...north east corner, again, right behind the mustangs. It's always less ricer in that area,...and usually, thats where the cooler people(in my opinion) chill out at.

I think you have my number...i'll probably pick up my boy spray junkie,...and head up there. Usually around 9ish.

I think i'm gonna go pas out now....I earned more hours then anyone in the shop this week....which has never happened before soo...i'm kaput for the next couple of hours.

maybe i'll see you later J. take it sleezy.

Old 10-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Banned

Well then he needs to put in the big squirters and start picking on Koenigsegg CCXs and Bugatti Veyrons. Those are the nasty ones if you can ever find them, especially the CCX. I dont care what R&T says, a Koenigsegg will assrape a Veyron and look better while doing it.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by capn smokey
Well then he needs to put in the big squirters and start picking on Koenigsegg CCXs and Bugatti Veyrons. Those are the nasty ones if you can ever find them, especially the CCX. I dont care what R&T says, a Koenigsegg will assrape a Veyron and look better while doing it.

I'm not making 1000horses.

Bugatti is outta my league but,...I have a better chance of running into two enzo's at the same time...then one of those. Then again, I do live in south florida...soo,..it's always possible for us to run into an X race car or two converted to street use...or a 800 hp porsche....or an X-wing fighter....etc etc.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Arrow

Great kills and story telling there
Old 10-05-2007, 08:14 PM

I'm not making 1000horses.

Bugatti is outta my league but,...I have a better chance of running into two enzo's at the same time...then one of those. Then again, I do live in south florida...soo,..it's always possible for us to run into an X race car or two converted to street use...or a 800 hp porsche....or an X-wing fighter....etc etc.
Yep.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:23 AM
On The Tree

you should come out to tower shops on friday bro. I'm gonna most likely go....
Tower Shops in South Florida? ****, why'd I have to move away from all the nice cars right before I got mine?

******* Georgia... Gotta find you guys one of these days when I'm down there again.

Anyhow, 'nough of my rant, nice kills!

Last edited by IFRYRCE; 10-06-2007 at 06:28 AM.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Always enjoy your stories, your car rocks, you seem cool, great kills.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by IFRYRCE
Tower Shops in South Florida? ****, why'd I have to move away from all the nice cars right before I got mine?

******* Georgia... Gotta find you guys one of these days when I'm down there again.

Anyhow, 'nough of my rant, nice kills!
Hey man Im heading to GA for Thanksgiving. Are you anywhere near Warner Robbins? I always take the Cobra up there so I was wondering if there is any action up there?

Sorry J. Carry on.

I started to head to Towers last night and that focking rain sent me back inside on the couch.