Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02 b4c a4 vs. 87 5.0 & 06 gt

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 08:23 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 02 b4c a4 vs. 87 5.0 & 06 gt

My car is bone stock.

I was rolling through town and went by the local super market on friday at like 10 pm. Saw 3 mustangs sitting there and their owners talking. I went in bought some diapers and when I came out they were still there. I have had the car for like a month and still have yet to have a decent race except for another ls1 yet. I visually checked the 5.0 and immediately saw the LTs and cowl hood. Looked over and checked another one which looked like a 98 or so model. Had a flame paint job and looked stock otherwise. Next one was a red 06 gt that looked stock as well.

I get in my rig and think what the hell and roll by real slow and throw a couple revs. Well, my car is so freakin quiet with the stock exhaust they don't hear it. So I make another lap of the parking lot and flash my foglights. Bingo. The obviously most confident of the bunch hops in his 5.0 and fires it up. Immediately I hear the cammed motor loping and the friggen thing is loud. Think to myself I probably just bit off more than I can chew but it will be fun anyways.

We roll out of the grocery store and get stopped at a left turn light to pull on the highway. The whole time his car is really lopey and have also noticed he's got a five speed. We make a left and roll onto the 4 lane. Running side by side we wait for the traffic to clear on the other side and slow to about 25. He says on three and I punch it on three. My car didn't downshift so it starts in second. Funny thing is im hanging. Side by side and Im ******* it. I hit 4k and quickly pull way ahead and I stop at 90 cause I got him by like 3-4 and still walking away. I know if we would have started in first I would have murdered him. His car is definitely not fast.

On the way back to town the 06 which followed us decides he wants some. We ride up to the next intersection and I let him in front. We do a u-turn and I can hear flowmasters and the manual shifting. Same game except this time we start from about 10 (it was kinda damp from dew and I doubt anybody would have had traction from a stop) . My car downshifts into first and we're off. Stang is behind about a 1/2 till second gear. Second gear pretty much rapes him and I get at least 2 lengths on him and quit at 95-100ish.

We all head back to the store and I talk for a minute. I get the same ol gee whiz your car looks like a six cylinder thing. All in all they were nice and I would definitely like to run that 06 again once I do some mods.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Whats the B4C option?

Nice kills..I would have expected both of them to hang better........but, you know the saying with street races.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:19 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Whats the B4C option?

Nice kills..I would have expected both of them to hang better........but, you know the saying with street races.
B4C = Camaro police package. Mine was formally employed by Colorado. Pretty much a z28 except no badging and a body color roof. It looks a six banger.

Kill- Trust me I thought I was gonna get waxed by the 5.0 when I heard it crank. I've toyed with a couple of 05+ gt mustangs and they really didn't seem like they could hang. Although I hadn't gotten one to actually run me more than a second. But now I know they need some mods to hang. And it is damn near impossible around here to find one that ISN'T female driven.....What's up with that?
Old 10-08-2007, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Whats the B4C option?

EX-cop car. 3.23 gears, some weight reduction and it looks like a V6. Roof is paint matched instead of gloss black/t-tops.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks guys......I love the SSV car's (special service Vehicles).

Weight reduction, 3.23's...with an LS, very nice.....so are those like a factory stripper, or do they have even less weight?...did GM change the suspension, battery, and alternator like Ford had to?......sorry for the hi-jack, just wondering.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:47 PM
TECH Regular

did GM change the suspension, battery, and alternator like Ford had to?......sorry for the hi-jack, just wondering.
Nah its just a debadged z as far as I can tell. But yeah 3.23 standard everything unless ordered different. 16" wheels with z rated tires so no speed limiter. some had sticks.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

excellent kills!