Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

can i beat an m3??????

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default can i beat an m3??????

hi guys i have a friend that thinks an m3 is gods car and he jus cannot stop talkin about how good m3's are, i like m3's but, he keeps saying how much my car sucksand thinks its so slow, i wanna see if i can beat him so he can jus stop talkin so much ****!! but if i dont beat him i will end going deaf becuz of how much he talks bout it!! his car is a 01 bmw m3 19 inch rims carbon hood and trunk and izman exaust and k&n filter dats it!!! ok and my mods are all in my sig, were gonna do a 30mph roll or watever the ls1 is best at in 1st gear so guys pleez let me know thanks
Old 10-13-2007, 11:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dump the Tornado, it runs a high risk of breaking and then you have metal in your engine, NOT GOOD.

Oh and about the M3, from a roll...... ******* forget about it!!! You will WALK his ***!!! I've walked an M3 in my stock A4 from a 45 roll.

Although he does stand a better chance from a roll, he just won't have enough to keep up. Well that is until he hit's about 110-120, they have wierd topend, that will surprise you.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Banned

yes lol i know tornado is crap i am still a bit lazy to tak it off forget bout that as a mod!! but so i hav a m6 and so does he!! but wat speed should i do rolling against him that will be the best i was guessing 30mph roll in 1st but the m3's are also good from that speed as well
Old 10-14-2007, 12:17 AM
TECH Addict

30-35 would be good. That way you are right in the mid-upper torque band. Then just row em' til the middle or top of 4th if you get the chance/room.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IBTL. From a roll or a dig I have beaten catback M3's with just my A$ and my cutout open. From a dig its tougher cause of the tire spin our cars love. But you should walk him without a problem
Old 10-14-2007, 07:47 AM
Launching!

I beat a few m3's including the newest one out. I say beat him then put a big can of sauerkraut on his desk just to be a dick about it.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think it will be close, with you haiving the edge if you're both equal drivers. We need to look at your mods though:

mods- granatelli air lid,tornado thing (will be removed soon), granatelli LS6 MAF,K&N filter,SLP timing advance,fast toys under body ram air, TB bypass, egr pipe mod, grounding kit,voltage stabilizer, pcv catch can,flowmaster muffler, front bmr swaybar, rear bmr adjustable panhard bar, rear bmr control arms, rear bmr swaybars.

Ditch the Tornado and sell the MAF, K&N, timing tricker, grounding kit and Flowmaster. With the sale money get a stock MAF and exhaust, cut-out and a pulley/belts. Or use the sale money for LCAs and sticky tires. I'm not trying to be an ***, just want to help you go faster...
Old 10-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Teching In

m3 HA!!!! tell your friend that is an over priced civic!!! (3 series guys get made when i tell them that) they aske me what i got cause they got a beemer..... i said well a 7 series, so take your over priced civic somewhere else!!! as far as racing an m3.... why? i would just tell him his car isn't worth the time!!! you'll walk him!!! and even if he wants to do top speed, my MOM (yes my mom has a bad *** car and i dont) lol was a 145 in
4th in her ws6. she only has true duels on that car. so that shouldnt be a problem for you either!! bmw people are ****** anyway.... thats why im glad i got rid of my over priced POS!!! BMW (B.ought M.y W.ife)
Old 10-14-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You got him I think. the late model M3's have 333hp, but they are a vrey nasty car on the top end for what they have. dig or a roll, your choice. hes gonna have an advantage at a dig cuz he will prolly have less wheelspin but I think yur good either way.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Banned

yea thats what i was thinking, i know our cars can beat the m3, let me show that ******* a peice of ls1 power!!!! o make things even better i jus got some new BFG g forces in the rears!! that cost me about $270, that was gonna be towads the ls6 manifold but i really needed the tires!! but ls6 manifold,80mm tb,LT's,cutout, and 1.8 roller rockers still to come sonn!!!!! thanks alot guys
Old 10-14-2007, 01:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Benjamin Russick
I think it will be close, with you haiving the edge if you're both equal drivers. We need to look at your mods though:

mods- granatelli air lid,tornado thing (will be removed soon), granatelli LS6 MAF,K&N filter,SLP timing advance,fast toys under body ram air, TB bypass, egr pipe mod, grounding kit,voltage stabilizer, pcv catch can,flowmaster muffler, front bmr swaybar, rear bmr adjustable panhard bar, rear bmr control arms, rear bmr swaybars.

Ditch the Tornado and sell the MAF, K&N, timing tricker, grounding kit and Flowmaster. With the sale money get a stock MAF and exhaust, cut-out and a pulley/belts. Or use the sale money for LCAs and sticky tires. I'm not trying to be an ***, just want to help you go faster...

yea benjamin i know, i should start selling most of that stuff!!, well i got my stock maf and i already have LCAs but i am in california i dont know if there is any way to install LT's and still pass smog!! and alos the underdriv crank pully, i was wondering if anybody ever had problems with the power steering or overheating or low voltage cuz of it turning slower!!! that worries me a lil bit so i wanna mak sure!! but thanks 4 da suggestions
Old 10-14-2007, 03:21 PM
TECH Addict

I've been running around w/ LT's on since the beginning of the year. No problems. You can always get High flow cats and have a shop fab them up to your ORY. That's what i did recently, just in case.

Oh and why not get a cam w/ the $$ you are spending on rockers? Yuo can find a used 224/224 112 and still pass smog easily. I think that's what i'm gonna go for. Nothing too big, til i can afford a bigger intake, TB, etc.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just race him and find out
Old 10-14-2007, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
just race him and find out
Old 10-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Benjamin Russick

Old 10-14-2007, 07:18 PM
Banned

yup yup im gonna go head and do it and tak a pic of his face when i start passing him =)
Old 10-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

doesnt really matter where you go from, youll walk him... i have 2 friends with m3's, a 1997 and a 2001 and neither can keep up... throw some money down imo
Old 10-14-2007, 11:02 PM
Banned

now i think abouut it humm i wanna race him 4 cash but that would kinda suck 4 him if he loses, so can somebody giv me an idea to race him 4, wash my car, buy me food etc haha i want some ideas
Old 10-14-2007, 11:03 PM
Launching!

I would not get that cocky. Just run a good race and worry about bragging later.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:11 PM
TECH Addict

Me and my buds race for dinner. Winner chooses. Last time i lucked out and my boy Chris chose Tommy's Burgers.