Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

new motor first kill...kinda

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new motor first kill...kinda

Me and my buddy were out cruising a lil bit.. first time i have had my TA out in 9 months.. We are going down a interstate when all the sudden this blue lt1 SS starts screwin with my buddy.. He has a 95 gt mustang, bone stock, well lets just say the outcome wasnt too good.. I was not going to get involved being that i only had about 200 miles on the motor.. i catch back up to them and proceded to roll by them in a right hand lane looking over at the guy in the SS. i was in 5th gear at 60, well homeboy gets past my friend about 2 cars behind me and just lays it down and flies past me (yes i was watching in the mirrors), at this point instinct kicked in and i dropped down to 3rd and hammered it. That killed his pull but he was about 4 cars or so infront of me from his jumpin, i ran 3rd only to 5,000 rpms, didnt want to push it hard and shifted to 4th and stayed in it for a second.. and was chompin his bumper up.. i was suprised how hard the car pulled.. so i guess i really lost cause a chase is a race but i was very happy with how hard the car pulled especially considering it has no tune and a few lil bugs to be worked out..
Old 10-23-2007, 11:56 PM
Banned

What do you got??
Old 10-24-2007, 03:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by capn smokey
What do you got??
forged 347, TEA heads and a 244/250 and bolt-ons