Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Built TA VS 05' Viper... Lol

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 05:08 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Built TA VS 05' Viper... Lol

There is a guy in our town with a 2005 Viper with a Catback system, CAI, etc. He always parks at this Bp gas station at a main intersection to mess with our younger guys and their "Cheap wannabe race cars". After I got my tune/H/C/I etc fixed, I was on the prowl for this guy, and to put him in his place...

So, I'm on one of our open roads here in Jacksonville, NC. and I see el dork-***, drivin' along behind me. So, I pulled to the right lane so he could come up next to me, which he did, we are rolling at about 35mph ,and I heard him down shift into 2nd, and I did the same. I punched it, and took the lead for the 2nd gear, and pulled on him a bit, and then when we went to 3rd, he matched me and then pulled a bit too. I double clutched on him, wineded out in 3rd and into 4th, and began pulling again! As I was pulling, he let of the gas, and I did the same. By the end of fourth, we were neck an neck, if anything I had him by about 3ft.

I drove the best I could, and my car was running well. And even though I didn't cream his ***, you could tell the guy was suprised. We met up about a mile down the road, and he accused he of spraying on him, but my line was not connected and I showed it to him. He was like "uhhh, ****! I could have sworn that you were spraying nitrous on me!"

Anyways, It was fun for me, and embarassing for him! LMAO!
Hope you enjoyed it, I'll be posting more stories like this soon, I hope!

Vos
Old 10-28-2007, 05:43 PM
11 Second Club

Hook up your spunk and race him again! Good run.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:48 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by bad2000z
Hook up your spunk and race him again! Good run.
You bet!
Old 10-28-2007, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice run. Sweet car. Sounds like a borderline kill. So I'm saying good kill!
Old 10-28-2007, 06:04 PM
TECH Addict

Badass car. Hook up the spray and run 'em again!
Old 10-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Teching In

In before Killemall

Nice runs!
Old 10-28-2007, 06:39 PM
8 Second Club

for sure
Old 10-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Banned

Good run, your cars gotta be pretty quick to pull on a modded Viper. Is it m6 or a4?
Old 10-28-2007, 06:52 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by capn smokey
Good run, your cars gotta be pretty quick to pull on a modded Viper. Is it m6 or a4?
M6 with pro 5.0
Old 10-28-2007, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kill. Now, show him the spray.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Sweet kill..

Your probally both around the same rwhp....He weighs a lil less and you have a lil more agressive gearing...Both should be trapping in the 122-125 mph range..

Congrats on having snake for dinner...

My cars currently down..Only rubnning low 13's at 110 mph off 320 rwhp at the moment do to an unknown engine problem ( should be 470-480 rwhp ) ....

But she'll be back up with some head work in the next few months, and hopefully ill be able to run/pull cars like yours and revenge that snakes death LOL ( cas right now a stock LS1 would give me a run for my money..sniff sniff)
Old 10-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BDTRAM
I double clutched on him

You went from 3rd gear to neutral to 4th gear? That's probably what turned a should-be win into a tie

Please, don't say "double clutch" unless you drive a semi.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:38 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369

You went from 3rd gear to neutral to 4th gear? That's probably what turned a should-be win into a tie

Please, don't say "double clutch" unless you drive a semi.
That's not what double clutch means! Double clutching is when your in a gear, and while you're foot is on the gas, you put in the clutch a bit and dump really fast. You clutch 2 times for one gear, (DOUBLE CLUTCHING).

But thanks for you input!
Old 10-28-2007, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

why wuould it matter if you sprayed him or not...(where is the street racer's handbook)...sounds like he challenged you...i would have went all out
Old 10-28-2007, 10:57 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BDTRAM
That's not what double clutch means! Double clutching is when your in a gear, and while you're foot is on the gas, you put in the clutch a bit and dump really fast. You clutch 2 times for one gear, (DOUBLE CLUTCHING).

But thanks for you input!
No, that's called powershifting.

Double-clutching is what big rig truck drivers do. When large trucks like semi's shift gears, they go from lower gear into neutral into higher gear, so 1-N-2. This keeps them from grinding gears because the transmissions in big rigs do not have snychros.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_declutch

A double clutch (also called a double declutch) is a driving procedure primarily used for vehicles with an unsynchronized manual transmission. Before the introduction of transmission synchronizers (in the 1920s) and helical cut gears, double clutching was a technique required to prevent damage to an automobile's gear system. Due to the difficulty involved in learning the technique, and because of the advent of synchronized gearing systems, it has largely fallen into disuse. However, drivers of large trucks still use the double clutching technique, as those vehicles are usually equipped with older, more efficient and more durable, unsynchronized gearboxes....

...When shifting up on a non-synchroniser equipped vehicle, the clutch pedal is pressed, the throttle is released, and the gearbox is shifted into neutral. The clutch pedal is then released. As the engine idles with no load, the RPM will decrease until they are at a level suitable for shifting into the next gear. The driver then depresses the clutch again and shifts into the next gear. The whole manoeuvre can, with practice, take no more than a fraction of a second, and the result is a very smooth gear change....
You're confusing double-clutching with Vin Diesel's version of "double clutching" from "The Fast and the Furious." Don't say "double-clutch." It's ricer lingo.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^It's mainly used for downshifting the big rigs, not so much for upshifting. But yes, as Chocotaco said, "double clutching" has no benefits in straight-line racing... What you did wasn't even considered "powershifting" because you pressed the clutch in. All you just did was "speed shift." Good kill though
Old 10-29-2007, 01:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Killemall

My cars currently down..Only rubnning low 13's at 110 mph off 320 rwhp at the moment do to an unknown engine problem ( should be 470-480 rwhp ) ....

But she'll be back up with some head work in the next few months, and hopefully ill be able to run/pull cars like yours and revenge that snakes death LOL ( cas right now a stock LS1 would give me a run for my money..sniff sniff)
wanna race?
Old 10-29-2007, 01:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Killemall
Sweet kill..

Your probally both around the same rwhp....He weighs a lil less and you have a lil more agressive gearing...Both should be trapping in the 122-125 mph range..

Congrats on having snake for dinner...

Thats bad, is it even safe to drive in that condition?
Old 10-29-2007, 07:13 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
No, that's called powershifting.

Double-clutching is what big rig truck drivers do. When large trucks like semi's shift gears, they go from lower gear into neutral into higher gear, so 1-N-2. This keeps them from grinding gears because the transmissions in big rigs do not have snychros.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_declutch

You're confusing double-clutching with Vin Diesel's version of "double clutching" from "The Fast and the Furious." Don't say "double-clutch." It's ricer lingo.

Here is your power shift...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Shift
I guess the power shift you're thinking of is a TV show.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no. power shifting is when you dont let off the gas as you shift.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Transwi...ed_shifting.29