Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

96 Mustang GT vs LT1/LS1...Vid!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 02:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 96 Mustang GT vs LT1/LS1...Vid!!

I just got this vid from "Prey4Me" this happened this weekend. We had some good run's and he got a few on vid.

First run you see, is actually another friends GT with a Cobra motor vs an Evo 9 (lol and me in my FRC next to them spinning like crazy)

After that you have the runs vs the LT1 and LS1's. The GT is a 96 with a Mach 1 motor and longtubes if I remember correctly and un-tuned. We've been wanting to see how it would do vs some LS1's and other Stang's since this was really his first time racing it. He also has 4.10's, lol you could hear him in the 2nd race where he said he ran out of gear. He also said he is having to shift 1K rpm sooner because of not having a tune.

The guy in the last race with the Auto TA is actually on here as well, I'll have to see if I can remember his name on here and get his story, but I dont know if they got a clean run. Anyway here's the vid..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=srgZ35cuENA

Last edited by Quik Z06; 11-06-2007 at 02:13 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:02 AM

Definitely some good racing right there. I watched the video before reading the post and I did a double take when I saw two Mustangs with similar motor swaps, lol.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:17 AM
10 Second Club

that was preaty good for an untuned mach 1 motor with bolt on's agains bolt on ls1's.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

pete i'll try to watch this later but since i have dial up it might just waist my time tryin to watch . . . my question is what color ta and i may be able to shed light on him.

ok ta is a ws6 and if it's the one i'm thinkin of he's a 02 nbm and the second ta is i'm thinkin my buddy wes if it's maple red metallic . . . i didn't know he's havin trans problems, but if he is i'm willin to bet it's his shift kit he has in it.

were these just this last saturday?????

Last edited by King Nothing; 11-06-2007 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:15 AM
TECH Regular

John, it was a black WS6 not Manny's and the auto Ta was Wes's car. Yeah I didnt know he was having tranny issues either, I dont know if Jared (Prey4Me) talked to him and Wes said something or if he thought he was. Yeah these races were last Sat. Were planning on having a meet on the 17th somewhere close so keep an eye out.

Yeah his GT is pretty quick, he was pleased with the outcomes considering he still need's a tune. As for the frist race, yeah I kinda thought it was going to get confusing as well, its funny cuz those car's almost look identical at night (both black with black wheels) Although the 98 had his brother's wheels on that night.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Um..shift 1k early because of tune?.......if he's going WOT....he's runnin' lean no matter what. Granted the higher the rpms the leaner you go (usually)...but still.

Can't watch the vid...right now (work).....try to watch it later.

BTW - pete, going to the shop today to check it out.....if your friend is interested in making the drive down here for his tune...I'll let you know about it.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah he told me why he cant take it to redline I just dont remember (It's Ken's car btw) When he can do it I think he is gonna have AED tune it.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
Yeah he told me why he cant take it to redline I just dont remember (It's Ken's car btw) When he can do it I think he is gonna have AED tune it.
Shaun will definitely take care of it.

Basically, the higher you go...the leaner the car gets.....traditionally. (cars will vary). He's trying to have fun racing, with a touch of safety..so he is keeping away from the leanest point of his powerband......that's what I am gathering from all of this.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Veteran

John, it was a black WS6 not Manny's and the auto Ta was Wes's car. Yeah I didnt know he was having tranny issues either, I dont know if Jared (Prey4Me) talked to him and Wes said something or if he thought he was. Yeah these races were last Sat. Were planning on having a meet on the 17th somewhere close so keep an eye out.

Yeah his GT is pretty quick, he was pleased with the outcomes considering he still need's a tune. As for the frist race, yeah I kinda thought it was going to get confusing as well, its funny cuz those car's almost look identical at night (both black with black wheels) Although the 98 had his brother's wheels on that night.
damn i gotta talk to him about his issues he's having. his stall helps him out abit because all he has is a lid, bellows, torque converter and catback. we raced after i got my ls6 intake on the freeway i was very happy!
sidenote: this was a different night, i raced the blue ws6 and we stayed pretty even but since i had no traction i was just spinning my bald *** tires . . . now not even 2 hours later i raced wes and the silver LT1 and they both walked my *** like i was a v6 camaro anyway yeah let me me know closer to that weekend so i don't forget

Last edited by King Nothing; 11-06-2007 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by King Nothing
damn i gotta talk to him about his issues he's having. his stall helps him out abit because all he has is a lid, bellows, torque converter and catback. we raced after i got my ls6 intake on the freeway i was very happy!
sidenote: this was one night, i raced the blue ws6 and we stayed pretty even but since i had no traction i was just spinning my bald *** tires . . . now not even 2 hours later i raced wes and the silver LT1 and they both walked my *** like i was a v6 camaro anyway yeah let me me know closer to that weekend so i don't forget
..... I'm gonna try to set it up so I can go as well...
Old 11-06-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ponygt65
..... I'm gonna try to set it up so I can go as well...
i can just see how the thread will be titlted king nothing is dethrowned by everone hahaha
Old 11-06-2007, 05:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

i can just see how the thread will be titlted king nothing is dethrowned by everone hahaha
Don't know about that.........the power I have isnt' respected by the 275/35/18s I have....LOL
Old 11-06-2007, 05:08 PM
TECH Veteran

if nothin else i can show 01ssreda4 what an SS should look like
Old 11-06-2007, 05:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

if nothin else i can show 01ssreda4 what an SS should look like
HAHA>.well, you have the advantage of better grip, Prey4me is just plain faster. The only shot I might have is....well, not showing up...then I dont' even lose. LOL J/P
Old 11-06-2007, 05:20 PM
TECH Veteran

HAHA>.well, you have the advantage of better grip, Prey4me is just plain faster. The only shot I might have is....well, not showing up...then I dont' even lose. LOL J/P
well you'd think so but if you saw my rear tires you'd say otherwise . . . over 50k on my rear tires she's my daily driver. but i need to get new tires to have better race results

Last edited by King Nothing; 11-07-2007 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Teching In

The guy in the last race with the Auto TA is actually on here as well, I'll have to see if I can remember his name on here and get his story, but I dont know if they got a clean run. Anyway here's the vid..

whats up guys good to see some vid. i think thats actually the first one of me racing posted on ls1 so thank you. lol im the auto ta with the 3000 stall in the fourth run. as far as the tranny issues we were starting from around a 30 or 40 roll so to avoid the lag and wear and tear on the tranny's input sprag of dropping from fourth to 2nd @ wot, i was manually starting out in 2nd gear (trans go manual valve body helps) and just had a brain fart and left it in 2nd. . .tranny is shifting fine on its own currently
Old 11-06-2007, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

Glad you guys liked the vid cause I didn't, my camera was taking forever to record, that's why you hear almost none of the honks . I'll definitely get some better footage this weekend. Hopefully we can get a big group going for the 17th!

Wes- Your trans is ok? Were you spinning alot or was that noise something else? PM me your number and I'll get a hold of you guys this weekend.
Nobody has to worry about me, my car wont be ready by then . She will be back soon, and she will be.......ummm...........different !
Old 11-06-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by transamwes

whats up guys good to see some vid. i think thats actually the first one of me racing posted on ls1 so thank you. lol im the auto ta with the 3000 stall in the fourth run. as far as the tranny issues we were starting from around a 30 or 40 roll so to avoid the lag and wear and tear on the tranny's input sprag of dropping from fourth to 2nd @ wot, i was manually starting out in 2nd gear (trans go manual valve body helps) and just had a brain fart and left it in 2nd. . .tranny is shifting fine on its own currently
Lol, yeah I heard you hit the rev limit Wes, which is why I figured it would have been better for you to post your story. Maybe this weekend we can get some more footage.

Originally Posted by Prey4Me
Nobody has to worry about me, my car wont be ready by then . She will be back soon, and she will be.......ummm...........different !
Lol are you gonna paint it Bright Pink and put some 22's on it Lol, J/K, but I had to with all the talk about the camaro Boyz
Old 11-06-2007, 09:44 PM
TECH Regular

Um..shift 1k early because of tune?.......if he's going WOT....he's runnin' lean no matter what. Granted the higher the rpms the leaner you go (usually)...but still.

Ok found out why he's having to shift early. He still has the GT tune in it which has the rev limit at 6K, obviously the Mach can rev higher but since it's not tuned for a higher limit he has to shift early.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

Lol are you gonna paint it Bright Pink and put some 22's on it Lol, J/K, but I had to with all the talk about the camaro Boyz
WTF who told you my plans .