Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 Z28 VS 93 GT...with a happy ending lol

Old 11-17-2007, 01:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 99 Z28 VS 93 GT...with a happy ending lol

Well tonight was a real adrenaline rush.
There was a guy at work that kept talking about his 93 5.0 GT and how nice it is and so forth, he brought up that it was a 5.0 about 50 times. I told him what I drove so he went out and looked at it and said he wanted to race for slips or $100...hmmmm ok this guy is clueless but I wanted to see what was under his hood since he knew nothing about cars.
I was expecting to see a supercharger, nitrous or something but it was a dirty beaten up all stock drive train with stock intake, headers and an automatic trans. Then he proceeds to tell me he can do a burnout and can spin the tires in reverse...lol again clueless.
I begin to explain that my mods were an SLP lid, cutout, 3:73 gears and basically all stock besides that, he had a blank look on his face and said that my tires were wide so I explained that they are 315/35/17 GSD3's and cant hook them in the cold of night so a race would be interesting.
Blah blah skipping past a bunch of nonsense he said he couldnt hook either but he will still win...

Now being a late friday night I knew it was a bad idea because of cops but he would not stfu so I told him ok man we will see and we will race for fun.
We get off work and head out side by side till we find a clear stretch of road and I slow him down...I should have raced from a roll but even with tire spin from a dig I knew I would win. I told him to go whenever he wants and I take off after him but I spun horribly and got a little sideways so I let off the gas until I caught traction but he barely spun and was 3 cars ahead, I closed that gap fast and was cars ahead, I didnt look at the speedo but up the road on the right side I see a little red dot and notice it is a cop with his lights off.
I almost **** myself so I called the guy I was racing since he gave me his number and told him that we just went by a cop and I was going to get the hell out of there, I seen the cop turn on his lights so I took a side street and gunned it knowing that he was probably going to get the Mustang since he stayed on the main street even though he had plenty of time to take one of the many side streets.
By now my adrenaline is rushing because I dont want no damn street racing ticket so I had Navigation and found a short cut to the highway.

I got a call from the Mustang owner and even though he had fake tags and no insurance the cops let him go because they wanted me more.
They said I was doing close to 100 and was asking him if he knew me and which way I went...he actually said he didnt know me and told them I went straight and that I was hauling *** thats why they let him go so they hopped in their car to find me. He was extremely excited that the cops let him go and I couldnt believe that they would.

Oh and of course he said he seen me spinning my tires so he let off and thats why I won...oh well I told him when Bandimere opens I will race him for money because he still thinks he can win, even after tonights close call he wants to do it again...hell no thats not happening and im staying away from that city for awhile. lol

Ok sorry for the long story but I needed to share my excitement.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some people are just ignorant..nice win
Old 11-17-2007, 01:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha that guy is a tool. good job spotting the cop. you guys got lucky.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep always will be. Oh I forgot to mention he plans on opening a performance shop and wants me to work on the cars that come in...he thinks he can be another West Coast Customs lmfao.
After he looked at my car we went back to work and he was asking me how much a turbo kit would cost so I explained to him about what all would be needed and he had no idea so he said he wants to run 9's again lmfao I told him it would take quite a bit of money to do that and that he would be looking at alot of freaking money to get into 9's with suspension work as well.

I told him to buy some Mustang mags since he doesnt have the internet and read up more about what the hell he is driving.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

nice KILL!

Search this Thread