Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

1st Kill in my Formula!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Kill in my Formula!!

I just got my bone stock M6 Formula around 3 weeks ago. Only mod is a MTI lid and good driver mod. I know this guy and he had been waiting to race me, got my spark plug problem fixed with a tune up and I was ready. Finally got his match he wanted..Subaru WRX STi with very large wheels and exhaust, seems to be stock otherwise.

Race 1: He wanted to go from a dead stop:
I did no burnout, just launched around 3k rpm , nearly hit the rev limiter as I launched in 1st spinning like crazy (Stock tires). He pulled 2-3 cars on me (AWD)....I think I hit 2nd and start to fetch him. By 3rd or so, I had put 3-4 cars on him. It was dirty. I shut her down.

Race 2: He insisted on a 20mph punch this time, I suppose you can image the outcome, it was dirty. He was pretty even with me until start of 2nd, then the top end on the LS1 pulled away and I had put buses on him.

Races were in Houston, Mexico! This being my very 1st and only race, I was happy! He said he has plans up his sleeves. I do as well!
Old 11-22-2007, 09:23 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Goos kill man, you never forget your first kill in a new car(new to you )

The EVO i raced from a 40 was olmost my first defeat, but the big end of 3rd gear had to say otherwise, MFin AWD is not a thing to underestimate on a dig, but from a roll it is another game.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:02 PM
Banned

first races are the funniest. i had my first race ever a weekago or so
Old 11-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Restricted User

Nice kill...keep up the good work...
Old 11-23-2007, 09:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by E V I L
I just got my bone stock M6 Formula around 3 weeks ago. Only mod is a MTI lid and good driver mod. I know this guy and he had been waiting to race me, got my spark plug problem fixed with a tune up and I was ready. Finally got his match he wanted..Subaru WRX STi with very large wheels and exhaust, seems to be stock otherwise.

Race 1: He wanted to go from a dead stop:
I did no burnout, just launched around 3k rpm , nearly hit the rev limiter as I launched in 1st spinning like crazy (Stock tires). He pulled 2-3 cars on me (AWD)....I think I hit 2nd and start to fetch him. By 3rd or so, I had put 3-4 cars on him. It was dirty. I shut her down.

Race 2: He insisted on a 20mph punch this time, I suppose you can image the outcome, it was dirty. He was pretty even with me until start of 2nd, then the top end on the LS1 pulled away and I had put buses on him.

Races were in Houston, Mexico! This being my very 1st and only race, I was happy! He said he has plans up his sleeves. I do as well!
nice kill i guess, but i dont see how you put bus lengths on an sti with a stock
ls1? but anything can happen on the street and obviously the sti needs the driver mod.... just my .02
Old 11-23-2007, 06:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by chris's04goat
nice kill i guess, but i dont see how you put bus lengths on an sti with a stock
ls1? but anything can happen on the street and obviously the sti needs the driver mod.... just my .02
Ha maybe "buses" was a bit too much. I should say I had atleast 2-3 cars on him. Although neither run was a fill 1/4 run before I let out. Short bus maybe!
Old 11-23-2007, 11:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by chris's04goat
nice kill i guess, but i dont see how you put bus lengths on an sti with a stock ls1? but anything can happen on the street and obviously the sti needs the driver mod.... just my .02
most people don't realize this, a typical bus is less than 60-65 feet. so with that bein said bus lengths on a stock STI with a stock LS1 is not an impossible thing to accomplish, i did it with my A4 00 SS. that's how i know it's not impossible.
nice kill btw good luck on many more!!!!