Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

95Z convertible VS 06 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95Z convertible VS 06 GTO

This is before my supercharger went in. Happened a little less than a month ago. Its about 2 in the morning, and im taking my girlfriend home. We pull up at a light, and up cruises from behind me a 2006 GTO.
My girlfriend gets excited when he rev's it, and im thinking in the back of my head, im going to get slayed by this guy, cause i could hear the cam in his car.
(still had stock rear end in my car, and trans too)
I get it up to 1400 rpm and the light changes and i launch (if you can call it that on 3.23 gear) and my car just shot passed him. He dumped his clutch too high and spun and slid sideways, almost into the opposing lane.
I slowed, let him catch up, and he asked me to roll my window down. he said, and i kid you not "my dad just got me this car man, i dont know its ways yet"

we punched it again, and he missed third, dropping back almost instantly.
Made me smile, a whole lot, beating one of the many rich kids around me who get everything they want handed to them, and i beat him in something i got for myself, and did all the work for myself.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill. The driver mod is by far the most important mod. Specs on your car?
Old 11-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

at the time was a 462 lift, long duration cam, new lifters, rockers, pushrods, 17in C5 vette rims, 275 BGF Drag radials, tune, CAI, A/C delete, polished throttle body.

since then theres been alot more done. that was just the basics because when i bought the car it was beat to hell with 100k miles on it, and 1/8th inch wear on cam lobes, so everything that i could replace at the time, was replaced.
now though, makes my car that raced the GTO look like a toy