Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Grand National goes down

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Grand National goes down

Well today I decided to stop being lazy and change the them stat which had been sticking closed. My friend came over to help and we got it done and checked to make sure it was working right. We then decided to go get something to eat and he said I had never taken him for a ride in my car since the turbo so I said we could take my car but he would get a headache from the fumes. We still took it out and went and grabbed something to eat. I was hunting for a decent race hoping for a LS1 or something to play around with. Didn't see anything but another 94-95 GT Mustang with exhaust but it was a vert. Didn't feel like wasting my gas on him I kept looking. I saw a GN with a set of what looked like chrome 17" wheels go by the other way so I cut a U turn and go after him. It took alittle bit to catch up to him because a redlight caught me but we finally came up on him. I was running up on him when the redlight turned red. I lined up right next to him and noticed a A-pillar set of gauges and some 17" Torque Thrust wheels on it with some decent meat in the back. I reved at him alittle to let him know I wanted to go. He didn't look over. My mufflers are kinda quiet so I reved alittle harder at him. He still didn't look over. Then as the rpms are falling they didn't catch and my car cut off. I started it back up and then he looked over. I laughed and nodded my head and he smiled and nodded back. The light turned green and I left alittle aggressively and got half a car on him but he wasn't trying. So I ran out 1st alittle to about 3,500rpms and shifted to 2nd and gave it alittle gas. I heard his turbo spool and his front end lift up so I floored 2nd. Tires spun like mad because of the cold and I grabbed 3rd gear and got out of my powerband because I short shifted. He inched alittle on me and got his nose at about my back tire and then I got back into the powerband and bye bye Buick! By the top of 3rd I shifted at around 5,800rpms into 4th and then let off and I was about 5 lengths in front of him. He came back up and looked over and went on. I was looking around making sure there was no cops because it was a busy 4 lane road in the middle of town. He turned right at the next redlight and as we went by I looked over and he was looking so I pointed at his car and gave him a thumps up. He smiled and nodded. The Mustang comes through again!
Old 11-28-2007, 10:47 PM
11 Second Club

hp? what turbo? Nice kill.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks! Its 480rwhp and 507rwtq through a 74mm single turbo
Old 11-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Restricted User

Nice kill...
Old 11-29-2007, 05:25 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Well today I decided to stop being lazy and change the them stat which had been sticking closed. My friend came over to help and we got it done and checked to make sure it was working right. We then decided to go get something to eat and he said I had never taken him for a ride in my car since the turbo so I said we could take my car but he would get a headache from the fumes. We still took it out and went and grabbed something to eat. I was hunting for a decent race hoping for a LS1 or something to play around with. Didn't see anything but another 94-95 GT Mustang with exhaust but it was a vert. Didn't feel like wasting my gas on him I kept looking. I saw a GN with a set of what looked like chrome 17" wheels go by the other way so I cut a U turn and go after him. It took alittle bit to catch up to him because a redlight caught me but we finally came up on him. I was running up on him when the redlight turned red. I lined up right next to him and noticed a A-pillar set of gauges and some 17" Torque Thrust wheels on it with some decent meat in the back. I reved at him alittle to let him know I wanted to go. He didn't look over. My mufflers are kinda quiet so I reved alittle harder at him. He still didn't look over. Then as the rpms are falling they didn't catch and my car cut off. I started it back up and then he looked over. I laughed and nodded my head and he smiled and nodded back. The light turned green and I left alittle aggressively and got half a car on him but he wasn't trying. So I ran out 1st alittle to about 3,500rpms and shifted to 2nd and gave it alittle gas. I heard his turbo spool and his front end lift up so I floored 2nd. Tires spun like mad because of the cold and I grabbed 3rd gear and got out of my powerband because I short shifted. He inched alittle on me and got his nose at about my back tire and then I got back into the powerband and bye bye Buick! By the top of 3rd I shifted at around 5,800rpms into 4th and then let off and I was about 5 lengths in front of him. He came back up and looked over and went on. I was looking around making sure there was no cops because it was a busy 4 lane road in the middle of town. He turned right at the next redlight and as we went by I looked over and he was looking so I pointed at his car and gave him a thumps up. He smiled and nodded. The Mustang comes through again!
That’s it!! I'm coming up there and giving that mustang a real race!! I'm getting my 346 stroked to a 383 with forged internals and heads a cam. Scheduled to be done in February by Allen at Futrals motor sports.. I am staying N/A just for the bragging rights!!! LOL then
Old 11-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Teching In

Nice run man
Old 11-29-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

good kill. how did it look w/ TTIIs? probably woudlnt be my first choice, but then again not sure if ive ever seen it done.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Launching!

Nice kill.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill. That stalling part is hilarious.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
good kill. how did it look w/ TTIIs? probably woudlnt be my first choice, but then again not sure if ive ever seen it done.
It looked nice! It gave it that mean look but kept the muscle car theme. IMO I would have gone with Weld Pro Stars though...
Old 11-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Nice kill. That stalling part is hilarious.
Yea LOL the car had been running good all night and then it decided to cut off then. I expected the guy to laugh but he didn't. I sure thought it was funny!
Old 11-29-2007, 12:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by odarabla
That’s it!! I'm coming up there and giving that mustang a real race!! I'm getting my 346 stroked to a 383 with forged internals and heads a cam. Scheduled to be done in February by Allen at Futrals motor sports.. I am staying N/A just for the bragging rights!!! LOL then

nice choice what heads are you going with?
Old 11-29-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Regular

Stopsign, can I play your role in this thread...? and see if you'll come to PA so I can stomp all over you and your turbo mustang??

haha... I'm playin w/ ya man... nice kill and i'm sure its a nice car...
Old 11-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SonofaBish
Stopsign, can I play your role in this thread...? and see if you'll come to PA so I can stomp all over you and your turbo mustang??

haha... I'm playin w/ ya man... nice kill and i'm sure its a nice car...

Come up here and run me! You give me no less than 11 carlenghts and the jump and you have a race!

Old 11-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

LOL You car ought to be pretty nasty I'd say! I think you should get some AFR heads, I love mine! Make sure that cam TALKS to you at idle too. Cammed LSX cars sound so ******* goooooood
Old 11-29-2007, 01:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v

Come up here and run me! You give me no less than 11 carlenghts and the jump and you have a race!

hahaha
Old 11-29-2007, 08:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sigforty
nice choice what heads are you going with?
AFR 225's, and a FMS F14 cam 232"/234" .646"/.612" 114LSA Once finished it's supposed to make around 500-520 to the wheels. I might go a little bigger on the cam though.. Still not sure..
Old 11-29-2007, 08:39 PM
TECH Regular

AFR 225's, and a FMS F14 cam 232"/234" .646"/.612" 114LSA Once finished it's supposed to make around 500-520 to the wheels. I might go a little bigger on the cam though.. Still not sure..
i think ur gonna need a little bigger cam to make that kinda power, even with the AFR's... but who knows.... good luck!
Old 11-29-2007, 09:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SonofaBish
i think ur gonna need a little bigger cam to make that kinda power, even with the AFR's... but who knows.... good luck!
Thats the setup Allen @ Futrals wants to go with.. Thats how power he said it should be making. This setup is with the 66cc AFR 225s.. Thats a pretty agressive cam though, should rev pretty fast.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:09 AM
Teching In

Nice Kill!

You're pretty lucky to find and run one, especially on the street! Lol.

In person, I've only seen one of those my whole life. They're pretty damn rare.