Daily claims first ricer

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daily claims first ricer

2000 trans am
bone stock

once again coming home, in front of me i usually turn left, but can go stright...i see bright lights, like reverse lights and decide to go straight out of curiosity. thankfully i did. in front of me at the red is a civic, aftermarket tail lights, coffee can exhaust slung sideways (SOOO JEALOUS) and the little fins that are on top of an evo 9.
next to him is a saturn ion. lights goes green. the ion turns, i swoop in next to him. three boost gauges line the Apillar, and he has an evo style front air dam, and what looked like an 02 camaro ss hood, fiberglass of course.

three honks from me, and he looks over...confused. next light i roll down the window...he asks what im doing, i said racing man, you've got the boost gauges and a pretty sweet set up (egging him on)
OOOH he replies, ok on green.
its 30 degrees here. light turns green, i punch it and i immeadiately even with tirespin jump him two cars. i slow, let him catch up, and do it again and again, seeing if he had a nitrous shot or anything. guess he didnt, cause he wouldnt even look over.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:38 PM
12 Second Club

damn, most people do that to their cars for show, not go. haha that one guy on here calls it clubbing baby seals when you beat up on the ricer kids like that. I dont know if this is really a kill story though. a bullying story?
Old 11-28-2007, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

Def. Bullying!!!
Old 11-29-2007, 12:18 AM
Restricted User

Nice kill...good work...
Old 11-29-2007, 12:31 AM
On The Tree

Sounds like your the ricer by honking three times and asking him to race cause he has gauges. Sorry but you were the ricer even if his car looked like sh*t.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS240sx
Sounds like your the ricer by honking three times and asking him to race cause he has gauges. Sorry but you were the ricer even if his car looked like sh*t.
he was jsut having some fun with him. cant u jsut read and thread with a clear and simple mind (drop the chip on ur shoulder). its all for fun and games
Old 11-29-2007, 01:02 AM
On The Tree

Not a chip just dont understand why the term ricer is given to any import that would do that same action but its just fun if someone in a domestic does it. Im not mad in anyway so do take it that way just confused and find it funny.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

Not a chip just dont understand why the term ricer is given to any import that would do that same action but its just fun if someone in a domestic does it. Im not mad in anyway so do take it that way just confused and find it funny.
use haha, ha, or LOL if u find something funny. do u really care that people use the term 'ricer'?seriously...
Old 11-29-2007, 05:11 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by cruiSSin LS1
use haha, ha, or LOL if u find something funny. do u really care that people use the term 'ricer'?seriously...
Look at his car man!! Even if it's a LS powered car it's still a ricer!! Thats like throwing a LS motor in a mustang!! Still a mustang!! You never hear of anyone trowing a ford motor in a LSX car!! hehehehe just picking!!
Old 11-29-2007, 08:01 AM
TECH Regular

I don't think the three honk system is rice?

RICE= looks before speed (not always bad when in good taste) and most of the time that involves really bad taste. Also non functional parts that are supposed to be coupled with other parts that do actually add speed. Like the boost gauge that reads vacuum. Wing off a 747 on the BACK of a FWD car. Coffee can sized exhaust tip on a 2" exhaust system. Too much graphics or in some cases any graphics. Stickers on a slow street car. Ghey visual/sound mods like that qualifies as rice.

I don't count the three honk system (is there a better way for a quick run?) as rice although personally I don't pick on the baby seals unless they ask for it. Seems most of em know their place now though.

I wish more muscle would GIVE me three honks. Too many women and OLD men driving these things now a days.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you caught him totally off-guard and bullied a bit, but all in good fun. I would say you should have given him a thumbs up for being a good sport, but he may have taken that as an insult, haha.

By the way, I've noticed a major change in thinking about "ricers" lately, especially on this website. Since when did the term "ricer" become a mentality as opposed to a choice in vehicle modification? All of the sudden, anyone who does stupid **** is a ricer even if they own a Viper, an Fbody, or a freakin Lambo? No. That just makes them a douchebag. The OP has it right in the previous post regarding what qualifies as rice.

LS240SX - the word you are looking for is "douchebag", not ricer.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:24 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Sounds like you caught him totally off-guard and bullied a bit, but all in good fun. I would say you should have given him a thumbs up for being a good sport, but he may have taken that as an insult, haha.

By the way, I've noticed a major change in thinking about "ricers" lately, especially on this website. Since when did the term "ricer" become a mentality as opposed to a choice in vehicle modification? All of the sudden, anyone who does stupid **** is a ricer even if they own a Viper, an Fbody, or a freakin Lambo? No. That just makes them a douchebag. The OP has it right in the previous post regarding what qualifies as rice.

LS240SX - the word you are looking for is "douchebag", not ricer.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Launching!

RICE = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. That's how I see it anyway.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:06 PM
Teching In

would have atleast said something, or waved, or thumbs up if he had looked over, but he didnt. says so at the end of my post. I dont go out looking to be a *****, i just miss my fast car and good old fashioned races with real cars.
he coulda had a giant turbo and nos for all i knew, i coulda got slayed, but that much didnt matter, i was just looking for some fun.

when did it become being a douchebag to try and have fun. in my opionion if i car is made to look like it goes fast, it should, and in that case it shoulda been fun for the both of us. how was i to know the kid was a stroke, nothing done to the motor? i didnt flip him off or make fun of his car or ride, or say anything negative to him, and would have been a good sportsman if he would have just looked over.

ricer to me doesnt include all imports. an import done correctly, i call it a tuner, they can be damn quick, respectable, and sometimes even look good (3000gt for example ive soon look really good). just like me with mustangs, i personally wouldnt own one, but that doesnt mean i cant respect one thats done right.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Teching In

by no means was i trying to be a bully, i just wanted to see if he had something and was holding back on it for whatever reason.
i dont go out thinking im the s*** i know that no matter what im in, someone out there has something faster than me. so what? thats the great thing about this sport, the mystery "am i gonna win this one"
i thought i was this time, and i did, but i was curious to see what was done to the civic cause there was a lot of body and exterior mods to the car....mods that looked like they cost some money, not done cheaply.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:08 PM
ZV8
12 Second Club

baby seals need clubing some times to set them straight LOL
Old 12-01-2007, 12:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

yeah,dont sweat it man.you were just having fun. i did the jump ahead,slow and wait,then jump ahead thing just the other day to some 17-18 yr old kid in a ford escape. he tried to burn off from the light so i had to...the guy you ran into was clearly asking for it just by the look of his car.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:41 AM
Launching!

Excuse me real quick, how is doing the 3 honk a ricer move???? Don't we all do that? I'm confused. Maybe I'm wrong...wait, no...I'm not.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:25 AM
Teching In

Great fun. Anyone with gauges on the pilar is fair game.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:47 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by scottp999
Great fun. Anyone with gauges on the pilar is fair game.
Damn Straight!!!!

That's good enough to put in my sig if you don't mind?