Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

04' GTO vs S2K + a couple f-bodies

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 12:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04' GTO vs S2K + a couple f-bodies

well i was sick of sitting around playing halo all day so some friends and i decided to get a few of us together and go cruise/race.

all of us are pretty much stock for right now...

S2K- CAI, exhaust

GTO(me)M6- MSD wires and muffler delete...lol

99' trans am a4- LT's, custom exhaust, emissions and tranny tune (gu2 car)

00' SS A4- SLP lid, SLP catback (which i swear says gu7 for some reason?)

all races were from a 20 roll since traction was an issue in the cold *** weather.

first off was me and the S2K....we both started off in first gear and i gave the honk. he jumped me at first because i got a little bit of a spin and he had more rpms to go while i banged 2nd. going into gear felt a bit odd to me (kind of slushy) so i backed out for a second to make sure it was in gear. sure was so i got back into it and started to pull back. his car was SCREAMING right next to me as i shift into third...once i hit 3rd gear all went downhill for him..first i pulled one car, then two and then hit fourth and shut her down after 3-4 more cars. was a fun race for sure. but kind of sketchy on these back country roads during hunting season. lol

t/a and SS went at it during my race and the t/a got him by a few cars

next was the T/A and S2K once again from 20mph. the honda gave the honk this time and got the jump on the t/a due to his tires being bald and almost kicking sideway (usure if he had a downshift or not?) anyways the honda started to pull a good car and a half on him and i thought it would have stayed like that. but sure enough stewie (t/a) got right back into it and started to reel him in... they were dead even for a good bit and then i think the t/a was still in his powerband as the s2k shifted. i would say they shut down with about a 1 car distance between the two of them and the t/a being in front. (cut him off...lol)

so far not a good night out for the honda boi

last race of the night is the ss and s2k...i didnt see this one all too well as we all stayed in our cars the whole time due to weather. but i saw the jump and it seemd the camaro bogged a bit and the s2k jumped which was suprising since he had been starting so low in the rpms. then he hit VTEC!!!!! and started to pull..the ss regained his dignity and caught up to his back bumper and that was pretty much all she wrote. it looked like he was just starting to fall flat on his face and the honda started to pull again. i am surprised the camaro didnt do any better...but it was pretty much the first set up races for both f-body guys and i dont think they were to familiar with thier cars in that setting. it was deffinatly a fun and quick night out. plus few kills under the belt for the ls1 guys was nice too.

oh and the s2k and i enjoyed doing some doughnuts afterwards aswell. but DAMN do i freaking hate this freaking IRS.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like fun. That TA definitely should have pulled everyone and everyone should have pulled the S2000, but when you're not familiar with the car, driver mod can make a world of difference. Good kill.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:39 AM

Good runs. Those S2000's are quick cars.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Sounds like fun. That TA definitely should have pulled everyone and everyone should have pulled the S2000, but when you're not familiar with the car, driver mod can make a world of difference. Good kill.
yeah the t/a just has exhaust along with codes delete and tranny adjustments tune. for some reason none of the cars ever come very close to beating me? we really should start going from digs though. but it is starting to get really cold and the clutches are damn near shot in the s2k and my car.

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
yeah, they can be for sure. i like the styling of them and they seem to be good all around sports cars. i just always thought they were too under powered for my taste.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flybye
yeah, they can be for sure. i like the styling of them and they seem to be good all around sports cars. i just always thought they were too under powered for my taste.
Yeah, well, what do you expect from an NA 4 banger? Haha.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The T/A did have 2.73's though. I'm sure that hurt him. That was a good read - nice kill.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was thinking the opposite of that. My mom and dad have one and I have messed around with it a little bit and I'm not impressed. It feels slow getting out of my car and getting into it. I figured it would be faster than what it is. I'm not impressed with them anyways. Needs some Forced Induction.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Yeah, well, what do you expect from an NA 4 banger? Haha.
true....i like them. the power is just too spread out and it revs real high. one with high HP and revving to 9 or 10k would be fun though

Originally Posted by SlayerMaro
The T/A did have 2.73's though. I'm sure that hurt him. That was a good read - nice kill.
yeah im convincing him to swap for a new ring & pinion soon

Originally Posted by rocksws6
I was thinking the opposite of that. My mom and dad have one and I have messed around with it a little bit and I'm not impressed. It feels slow getting out of my car and getting into it. I figured it would be faster than what it is. I'm not impressed with them anyways. Needs some Forced Induction.
yeah a supercharger or something would have been a nice factory add on, but since when do you see a factory F/I honda? lol

well we were looking to get a few more runs in tonight and get a few more people to come (wrx and possibly friends 20g evo) but it started to sleet so we think we might be done for the year. most of these guys are all new to the racing scene but my friends chad (evo), adam (s2k) and myself have been going out for years now. this year was boring for me since i just became a father in april.... i went to the track a few times and out to meets, but not much racing. i deffinatly have some plans for next year though.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Restricted User

Nice runs...
Old 12-02-2007, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by rocksws6
An NA 4 cylinder car that's capable of high 13's stock sounds quick to me...
Old 12-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Teching In

An NA 4 cylinder car that's capable of high 13's stock sounds quick to me...
i agree....im not sure if they still do, but at one time they held the most power per cylinder IIRC???