Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ahhhh, now that feels GOOD.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ahhhh, now that feels GOOD.

So, it has been many a long and dour day since I last got to line up against another vehicle that wanted to run 'em.

I'll cut to the good stuff, because noone cares how badass of a day I was already having.

Opposition: Newish GTO. Had the 6.0 badging on it. Yellow. I saw him eyeing me. And it was On Like Donkey Kong.

Me: Stock 2001 WS6, just broke 60k miles. I don't count my homemade cold air intake as a mod. Ooh, and a pretty heavy clutch and a closed bottle.

First from a roll at 40 MPH. I prefer digs, but hey, I'll take what I can get. Gave him the hit and walked him by approx. a car before a corner came up. We slowed.

Now from a roll. I couldn't get eye contact out of the guy, so wasn't positive we were running.

But the light turns green and he goes. And far be it from me to not man up.

Out of the hole I had about half a car. Chirping through 3rd I had just over 1 car on the lad.

We didn't talk after words. Just the standard thumbs up.

Pretty cool guy. I know his plate(it was a vanity plate). And the race took place in Reno/Sparks.

Let me know if you read here, Mr. GTO!
Old 12-30-2007, 11:14 PM
11 Second Club

nice killz...weight certainly a factor right?
Old 01-05-2008, 12:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

You live in Reno? Maybe when the snow dries we can go out and play sometime. Go looking for trouble or whatever.