Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Lt1 Formy vs 99-04 Gt

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt1 Formy vs 99-04 Gt

hokay so this happened today when i was on my way to class. i was just cruising like i normally do and at a stop sign there was a blue 99-04 gt at another stop of the intersection and he gave me a honk so i waved him and told him to follow me.

On my way to class theres a little 5 lane road (2 lanes each direction + turning lane) and i pull into the left lane and let him have the right lane.

we run off a low roll maybe 20 i wasnt really sure, i give him a nod and he gives me one and as i raise up my hand to tell him on 3, he takes off and puts about a car on me as i floor it. we ran up to about 80, i was in 3rd for maybe a sec then i let off cuz he had a car in his lane. he obviously didnt see this car due to he kept goin and had to swerve into my lane to avoid it. when i let off he had maybe half car on me. pretty good run, neither of us really pulled, if anything he was pulling on me slightly when i lifted.

well after this we catch a red and he gets back in his lane, i woulda loved to go from a dig but theres a set of train tracks on our front tires and no bueno. so we roll across the intersection and hit it again. this time i hit it same time as him, i put about 3/4 car on him thru first where i let off. we were right in front of walmart in the middle of town so i didnt want to attract more attention than needed.

i waved, gave him thumbs up and told him good run and we went our seperate ways.

from a friend of mine i found out he was full bolt on m5, intake, headers, full exhaust, pullies, maybe gears...(there was more but i forgot what he said) no supercharger or bottle as far as i know?

i have a 94 formy lt1 with intake and catback, stock gears m6.

i have heard this is a drivers race stock, so does this sound about right? i was shifting about 5200-5500 and those shifts sucked, little ansy i guess i dno

sorry so long but thought id share my story.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:12 PM
***Repost Police***

Sounds about right... if he had gears it would surprise me, especially if they were 4.10s. Good runs
Old 01-15-2008, 04:17 PM
11 Second Club

good heads up on the lane switch
Old 01-15-2008, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rudeLT1
hokay so this happened today when i was on my way to class. i was just cruising like i normally do and at a stop sign there was a blue 99-04 gt at another stop of the intersection and he gave me a honk so i waved him and told him to follow me.

On my way to class theres a little 5 lane road (2 lanes each direction + turning lane) and i pull into the left lane and let him have the right lane.

we run off a low roll maybe 20 i wasnt really sure, i give him a nod and he gives me one and as i raise up my hand to tell him on 3, he takes off and puts about a car on me as i floor it. we ran up to about 80, i was in 3rd for maybe a sec then i let off cuz he had a car in his lane. he obviously didnt see this car due to he kept goin and had to swerve into my lane to avoid it. when i let off he had maybe half car on me. pretty good run, neither of us really pulled, if anything he was pulling on me slightly when i lifted.

well after this we catch a red and he gets back in his lane, i woulda loved to go from a dig but theres a set of train tracks on our front tires and no bueno. so we roll across the intersection and hit it again. this time i hit it same time as him, i put about 3/4 car on him thru first where i let off. we were right in front of walmart in the middle of town so i didnt want to attract more attention than needed.

i waved, gave him thumbs up and told him good run and we went our seperate ways.

from a friend of mine i found out he was full bolt on m5, intake, headers, full exhaust, pullies, maybe gears...(there was more but i forgot what he said) no supercharger or bottle as far as i know?

i have a 94 formy lt1 with intake and catback, stock gears m6.

i have heard this is a drivers race stock, so does this sound about right? i was shifting about 5200-5500 and those shifts sucked, little ansy i guess i dno

sorry so long but thought id share my story.
seems pretty early to me,i'd be shifting at 5700ish
Old 01-15-2008, 04:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by speedshifterNC
good heads up on the lane switch
yea thanks, bad cop area since its right by the high school so i was a little aprehensive to run so i have my eyes down the road the whole time

Originally Posted by chavez885
seems pretty early to me,i'd be shifting at 5700ish
yeah man i was anxious or sumtin, i was shiftin slow too i was pissed after, i usually shift at about 5800-6000

i thought i woulda had him covered but after i came home and looked a little i found out its more a drivers race, smart me lol give repect where its due tho but for bein 14 years old and less mods i think i held my own.

well see what happens when the headers, ory, cam and tune get thrown in
Old 01-15-2008, 06:16 PM
11 Second Club

14!!!...must be nice to have an ls1 that early...my first vehicle was a mid 80's automatic toyota pickup that wouldn't get out of its own way. I respect my dad for doing it now as I prolly would have killed myself with something fast. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders for 14...just dont get cocky or overconfident...it will land you in a ditch...in a hurry
Old 01-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Teching In

I'm guessing that the car is 14 yrs old not the driver.

That many bolt-ons from the GT should have taken you. But it didn't

Good kill
Old 01-15-2008, 06:47 PM
Teching In

I think he means that his CAR is 14 years old, not him.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:21 PM
11 Second Club

thats what I get for reading too fast...thought that sounded a little young
Old 01-15-2008, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

sounds like a good run, rudelt1 where in az are you?
Old 01-15-2008, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

that many bolt ons on a properly driven gt shoulda handed it to ya. if it was geared that car would be a very low 13 or high 12 second car depending on the tune, gear and if the driver could row some gears
Old 01-15-2008, 09:05 PM
***Repost Police***

That's what I was thinking as well, but I didn't want to be the first reply AND the first "blue blood" to say that.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coulda shoulda woulda, probably another GT with a shitty driver, doesn't suprise me at all. Good kill.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

yea guys i thought i had him, till i found out later he had all that, no clue on a tune. hes a high school kid, not that i shoulda talk **** since im only a soph in college. i dno him so can he drive? who knows, his shifts sounded nice so....?

95 bright teal, im in safford, az...u in az too bro?

and yea 14 year old car, 94 lt1 formy, 60k on it when i picked it up in may so not bad, my first vehicle was also a beater, 85 toyota pickup m5, top speed....50mph, not enough horses to use 5th gear, id shift and slow down. it was great.

no worries, i dont see the whole "blue blood" thing, i see speed, the dude got my by a fender up to about 80 so thats cool with me, mustang or not.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good race.
Originally Posted by rudeLT1
no worries, i dont see the whole "blue blood" thing, i see speed, the dude got my by a fender up to about 80 so thats cool with me, mustang or not.
And that's a great attitude to have. You will make a lot more friends than you think if you ignore the make/model/mods of the car and just have fun and be cool to people. A lot of domestic guys give the import guys crap right off the bat, same with GM vs Ford, Ford vs GM, Import to domestic guys, etc, etc. It just leads to arguments, fights, and stupid sh** that doesn't benefit anyone and ruins the fun.

If you win, enjoy it. If you lose, ENJOY IT. It's still fun racing either way. Who cares what you're racing and what the outcome is if everyone's having fun?
Old 01-16-2008, 11:17 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Good race.

And that's a great attitude to have. You will make a lot more friends than you think if you ignore the make/model/mods of the car and just have fun and be cool to people. A lot of domestic guys give the import guys crap right off the bat, same with GM vs Ford, Ford vs GM, Import to domestic guys, etc, etc. It just leads to arguments, fights, and stupid sh** that doesn't benefit anyone and ruins the fun.

If you win, enjoy it. If you lose, ENJOY IT. It's still fun racing either way. Who cares what you're racing and what the outcome is if everyone's having fun?
x3436563
Old 01-16-2008, 11:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Good race.

good post. and to the o/p good kill i wansnt calling b/s or anything just because a car should win doesnt mean it always will.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:47 PM
Staging Lane

yea dude, i found out there are cool guys that drive lots of styles of cars, i also know of complete dicks that drive vettes, mustangs, imports....they come in all flavors.

dynotune04, no worries man if he was supposed to have me beat, and i hung as well as i did thats a plus for me, especially since he took the hit and put a car on me off the bat. i wanna find him and go from a dig, thats where driving comes into play, not just pure power....
Old 01-16-2008, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Great attitude to have. Wish more people had the same.

Mod up and go again.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Staging Lane

pending college costs, headers, cam, and tune are coming this summer