Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

0-40 with a WRX in my LT

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 0-40 with a WRX in my LT

so i was coming home from school last night and this happened so fast i forgot about it until now from reading another WRX thread with a common ending. well its on about seventh street and thunderbird (real nice rich area with a ton of little rich punks). well i come to the light and im just bumpin with my T-tops off at night cause our nights are starting to warm up a little. well i look over when i hear someone else turn their music up to counter mine, knowing i wasnt trying to annoy anyone i kinda turn mine down a little to see if they will do the same, well they dont. so im looking around and notice the kid next to me with all his windows up is actually the one who turned it up and he has a passenger both young kids probably 17, 18 at most. and they are just laughing to each other and kinda looking back at my car, and i do have to admit his car looked pretty nice and mine is kinda dirty but hey how clean your car is has nothing to do with speed. so i look up at the light and back to the kid so he knows its going down. well light turns green and i nail it and start to slowly go sideways, well i feather it off to gain some traction and i hit second right as im passing thru the intersection and i chirped the tires real good and hit second strong, this whole time i have been just watching the road, so i check back and WRX dude was like 1-1/2 back right as i hit second and i can hear his turbo spoolin, well after i hit second i started to put more ground on him as i was looking back, and he finally let off around 50-55 and i was a good 2 cars out by then.

nice looking car thou and i honestly looked at WRX's while i was searching for my new car, and i can honestly say im very happy i went with the TA over the WRX because A. insurance is alot cheaper. B. car was cheaper C. my car is faster.

althought im sure a well driven WRX should launch me, this rich punk had no idea how to drive the car.

stupid rich kids.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:45 PM
11 Second Club

Don't hate them because they're rich...alright do....I just envy their money...could go along way on an fbody ...nice kill
Old 02-13-2008, 11:11 PM
On The Tree

A guy at work can't drive his Sti for ****. It's his first AWD/manual car. He gets beat by everybody. 5 months later... he still can't get the hang of high rpm launches...

he said he's gonna sell it. lol... dumbass. he's 20 and his parents bought the car!!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 11:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by The_Wretched
A guy at work can't drive his Sti for ****. It's his first AWD/manual car. He gets beat by everybody. 5 months later... he still can't get the hang of high rpm launches...
Lol, some people just aren't meant to drive cars period.

Good kill.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

I remember watching a kid at the mall parking lot trying to drive his new Carrera...it was hilarious
Old 02-14-2008, 12:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kill, but since when is a WRX a "rich" car?
Old 02-14-2008, 02:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

the hell does a thunderbird have to do with your story you go from thunderbird to wrx im confused
Old 02-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 96ta
the hell does a thunderbird have to do with your story you go from thunderbird to wrx im confused
I think that was the name of the road.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
I think that was the name of the road.
winner! haha yea i was on thunderbird RD and 7th street.

and wrx's have been rich kid cars since i pay for all my own stuff and i make decent money but cant drop 10+ grand on a car and then turn around and pay 400+ a month on insurance. and it still not even be faster than my $5,800 car that i only pay 180 a month for insurance on is.

plus the kid doesnt pay for the car insurance or anything else he has im sure. most the kids in that neighbor hood that i know are in college and have never even had a job! gtfo. . . must be a nice life bastards.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:40 PM
11 Second Club

yea...it's hard to watch others have a cake walk when we have to work for everything